Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Start Hemed and Solly at United

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'd actually play Knockaert at Old Trafford, where the surroundings might lift him. But start Solly against Palace - he'll appreciate what it means without getting carried away, as AK might.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ryan

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Bong

Schelotto
Stephens
Pröpper
March

Groß

Hemed

Subs : Krul, Suttner, Hunemeier, Kayal, Knockaert, Izquierdo, Murray

I would start Izquierdo and then bring on March later in the game.but not at the usual 75-80 mins I would do ir about 60 mins to allow him to get involved in the game.or earlier if any attacker is struggling. Also start Murray and do the same with him at 60 mins for TH.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Huddersfield beat united
It’s not inconceivable to go and get a draw even if it’s away.
Why play a weak side. Who knows. We have a good day and they’re off the pace and jaded from the CL game.
I’d go for it. Strongest side we can put out. We can do this!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Disregarding what may happen on Saturday Palace will be still well below us on points so it is just the 3 points that have to be won.
Wrong.
You could argue that it is what is generally called 6 pointer but again that is supporter hype.
Wrong.
In the worse case scenario they will still be 5 points worse off than us come next Wednesday.
And you don't think they could catch up those points over the remaining 24 games? They are relegation rivals, we want to deny them points.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Sooner or later Stephens, Gross and Propper are going to need a rest as they do as much running as anyone and have played every league game. But with Sidwell out and Kayal short of match fitness, we don't have too many options, do we?

Brown for Gross is the obvious change, but it will be a risk to throw Kayal or Molumby into the centre at the moment. Rosenior maybe?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Its a fair point, but as regards Bruno, he was still charging up and down that flank in injury time last night. The bloke is a freak of nature, he's fitter than a butchers mutt and never seems to be blowing it out of his arse. He's almost never injured either, which tells its own tale. His performances are defying his age IMO, I have no concerns about him at the moment.

That said, I'd give Murray a break on Saturday as 3 games in a week (with the 3rd being Palace) is a big ask for him. I want him at his sharpest against the filth next week, and Hemed could do with a runout anyway.
The problem is that Murray is a Man Utd fan - he's probably dreamt of playing at Old Trafford, pretty much like most professional footballers. If Hughton rests him, he's likely to be properly stroppy by the time the NigeIs roll in. Give him a half, then bring Hemed on.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The problem is that Murray is a Man Utd fan - he's probably dreamt of playing at Old Trafford, pretty much like most professional footballers. If Hughton rests him, he's likely to be properly stroppy by the time the NigeIs roll in. Give him a half, then bring Hemed on.

Hasn't he already played at OT? (genuine question)

edit: a little research suggests that perhaps he hasn't

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
This is difficult. Like many I care most about the Palace game and it seems sensible that we can’t play the same team on Saturday and Tuesday. However we don want to get thrashed by Man Utd and then go into the Palace game lacking confidence. My gut feeling is that we should try and stick to the same back four - Bong, Bruno, Duffy and Dunk. It also makes some sense to stick with Gross and Propper and Stephens so as to keep the team structure. If Sidwell was fit I would tend to play him for his defensive skills and experience, but that’s not possible. I agree that resting Knockaert makes some sense. He’s not been playing well. However so far this season it has been March and Izquierdo who have been swapped over by CH. it seems he doesn’t want to play March on the other side. Therefore I wonder if we might see both Izquierdo and Knockaert on the bench and March and Schellotto playing. Personally I would also like to see Murray rested (for Palace) and Hemed brought in, but I’m not sure that will happen....

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone know if Schelleto can play left back? I’d much rather have the versatility of Rosenior on the bench if he can’t - no left back cover a worry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here