Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dale Stephens

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I’ve been one of his biggest critics at times but tonight I thought he was absolutely superb tonight.

Played more forward passes this season than I can remember him ever playing in 90 minutes and what a difference it made.

He’s clearly got that side of the game in his locker. Here’s hoping we start seeing his offensive side more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Def MOM for me - one of the few bright performances for us I’m afraid...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I’ve been one of his biggest critics at times but tonight I thought he was absolutely superb tonight.

Played more forward passes this season than I can remember him ever playing in 90 minutes and what a difference it made.

He’s clearly got that side of the game in his locker. Here’s hoping we start seeing his offensive side more often.

That’s nice of you, I’m sure he will sleep soundly tonight knowing he’s in your good books at last.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Superb. So was Propper. Murray led the line excellently. Bong was good and pushed forward at every opportunity.

Bruno had another poor one unfortunately. Love that man but is the end nigh? He's been better away than at home for a short while now, has he got the legs to go up and down the wing for 90 minutes at premier league pace?

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Absolutely, he had a great game. I've been harsh on him in the past and more recently at the start of this season but he had a solid game today.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Pity none of our midfield chopped their number 22.
Other than that they were mediocre

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London

Agree
Can’t remrmber his last good game until tonight
IMMENSE
Propper as well next to him

Tiptoe through the NSC

Sep 13, 2017
St. Leonards-on-Sea
I always feel he makes good decisions when in possession. Watch the number of times he looks around when he doesn't have the ball. As a result he already knows where the space is when he receives it. Like West Brom, Stoke didn't press the midfield, so he had more time to pick his passes today. Class act - and yet to pick up a single card this season to boot.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Superb. So was Propper. Murray led the line excellently. Bong was good and pushed forward at every opportunity.

Bruno had another poor one unfortunately. Love that man but is the end nigh? He's been better away than at home for a short while now, has he got the legs to go up and down the wing for 90 minutes at premier league pace?

Agree with those four as our best players. Propper just edged Stephens for me.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Didn't give the ball away in silly positions (although he tried a couple of times!) which is the only real weakness in his game for me. He will score a few goals before the season ends too.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
A few on my coach could do with reading this thread - I sometimes feel that people really do watch a different game to me and I occupy a separate reality along with [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION]. Stephens was class tonight, has always been class and remains so. It has taken him time to settle in the Prem but he dominated two very experienced prem players tonight in the first half and was justifiably MoM. Propper could have edged it by the end but DS for me, just. Knocky on the other hand is starting to worry me. Looks a frustrated figure up against better defenders.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Controversially I thought DP was slightly better than DS (who was superb).

Really enjoyed that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here