Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lee Mason

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
2nd half he told Murray to get back 10 yards for a free kick. The ball was near enough on the 6 yard line and Murray was on the edge of the box. Maths clearly not his strong point. Worst ref this season including the **** at Swansea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
2nd half he told Murray to get back 10 yards for a free kick. The ball was near enough on the 6 yard line and Murray was on the edge of the box. Maths clearly not his strong point. Worst ref this season including the **** at Swansea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes i remember that....hadn't occurred to him to have a chat with the goalie about time wasting ..numpty

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
On reflection, and having calmed down a bit, it has to be said the ref and his lino's had an absolute shocker. .

I too have got home and calmed down a bit. But even now there can be no doubt that bloke, disably assisted by his linesmen, had a shocker.

What really sticks in my craw is that everyone knows he made a number of serious mistakes (even Stoke City official twitter) and yet these officials never have to come out and own up. Never have to explain what they saw. Never have to say "sorry I f**ked up". I imagine some of the honest ones might actually want to do this.

We know Mike Dean is a useless premier league ref, now add this plank to that list.

(Imagine how angry I was before I calmed down?)

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I haven't been that angry at a game in a long time. An obvious penalty and red card, which would have made us clear favourites to win the game.

A number of other errors as well, which only made me angrier.

Edit: should have been a yellow card - I forgot about the rule change.

Last edited:

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Tonight was billed as the FA Respect match and whilst I'm a strong supporter of the Respect code, the referee's performance simply served to undermine it. It's great in theory to require referees to be respected - but respect has to be earned and tonight it wasn't.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Terrible performance. The penalty missed was bad enough, the free kick given against Solly towards the end was ludicrous.

Followed up by giving Solly a lecture after number 18 had a hissy fit

IMG_0081.jpg

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
No yellow cards for stoke their keeper had the ball for about 20 minutes during the 90

If he had booked their keeper when he first wasted more than 10 seconds - think it was about 25 minutes in - it would have completely changed the tempo of the game and set the tone for the players respecting him.

respect@thefa.com if anyone wants to ask the FA how they think his performance tonight helps the Respect campaign

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I was sat about twenty rows up in the south stand and I clearly heard the contact I’m the body check on knockeart

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Surely if it's not a penalty he should have booked Murray for diving ? Total bottlejob, could have nipped their timewasting in the bud after they went 1-0 up, did nothing, they continued all game. Awful officiating, worst I've seen for ages.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I too have got home and calmed down a bit. But even now there can be no doubt that bloke, disably assisted by his linesmen, had a shocker.

What really sticks in my craw is that everyone knows he made a number of serious mistakes (even Stoke City official twitter) and yet these officials never have to come out and own up. Never have to explain what they saw. Never have to say "sorry I f**ked up". I imagine some of the honest ones might actually want to do this.

We know Mike Dean is a useless premier league ref, now add this plank to that list.

(Imagine how angry I was before I calmed down?)

Fair play to shawcross but even he said it was a pen...

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
Time was when both managers marked referees out of 10 on a scoresheet. If that still applies, it would be interesting to know what Chris's mark would be. Don't know who the marked sheets went to, but it is to be hoped they went to someone who could discuss themnarks with the ref.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
From our vantage point in WSL, directly behind the away team dugout it was clear that that steaming dog turd Hughes had the officials in his pocket. So much so that on about the 41st minute he said something to the fourth official who then held up 3 fingers. Sure enough, 3 minutes of added time 3 minutes later.

I didn't realise managers were allowed to be told how much stoppage time was being added just by asking? Surely that gives a tactical advantage?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Did not think I would come across a referee worse thank Mike Dean....
I won't even start with the lino on the East Side.
At least he missed the offsides in the 2nd half as well...

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
Can anyone tell me why stoppages are never added to the end of a first half. There was a 5 minute delay alone for the clash of heads then 3 minutes are added on.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Fair to say that was by far the worst officiating we've seen at the Amex for a while. A risible performance from the ref and both linos. Showed no command of his role and lost the respect of all players very early on. He was routinely ignored by Stoke players at free kicks, throw ins and goal kicks. I don't like that side to Stoke's game which sets out to rile opponents but tonight they were given a helping hand by an unacceptably weak display from officials at this level. Credit to both teams for not letting things boil over which can easily happen when the referee loses control and respect. Poor show from him on which I hope he reflects.

This in buckets. I think back to the game at Huddersfield last season where Bruno took out Van la Parra in similar fashion to Shawcross and got booked after just 30 seconds.

If Mason had done the same yesterday Shawcross would have possibly thought twice about making that challenge in the box for fear of being sent off. Equally if Mason had made the correct decision with the penalty Murray wouldn't have got himself recklessly and needlessly booked and the ref wouldn't be being criticised for getting that one wrong too...

Funny ol' game isn't it where so much of what happens later in the game is governed by what happens early on.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
No yellow cards for stoke their keeper had the ball for about 20 minutes during the 90

I simply cannot understand why he didn't book Lee Grant. From really early in the first half he was taking an eternity with his goal kicks and only got a warning right towards the end of the second half. Drives me nuts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here