Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lee Mason

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
836b1c2437e82c4b2870da8cb15c421b.jpg

No sh*t how that thug didn't get at least a yellow, he'll fit in well with leeds later in his career

Yoda

English & European
That first half was shocking. All through the first 45 minutes he was giving them free kicks for fouls that he was waving play on when exactly the same were challenges were being made against us.

As for the penalty, a good referee, if not sure (as clearly both he and the lino were), would be to at least pull it back for the clear foul on Gross after he played Murray in on a couple of seconds before.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Terrible performance. The penalty missed was bad enough, the free kick given against Solly towards the end was ludicrous.

Their defender wasn’t even looking at the ball and just dived over in front of Solly - ridiculous. Solly even held his hands up to show Mason he’s wasn’t fouling. Pathetic decision that - everyone went MENTAL!

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Don't know how Shawcross got away with his blatant body check on Knockaert with just a little "chat" from the ref, or how he gave a corner when Shawcross brought down Murray for what was a nailed on penalty!!!

worse still was that he changed the corner to a goal-kick! If it wasn't a corner because Shawcross didn't touch it then it was a stonewall penalty.

Shocking refereeing performance all night!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Shawcross:

"I think I clipped him. The referee didn't have the best angle. It probably was a penalty."

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Fair to say that was by far the worst officiating we've seen at the Amex for a while. A risible performance from the ref and both linos. Showed no command of his role and lost the respect of all players very early on. He was routinely ignored by Stoke players at free kicks, throw ins and goal kicks. I don't like that side to Stoke's game which sets out to rile opponents but tonight they were given a helping hand by an unacceptably weak display from officials at this level. Credit to both teams for not letting things boil over which can easily happen when the referee loses control and respect. Poor show from him on which I hope he reflects.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Very poor, looked lost with his decision making. He'll know he's had a shocker.

Stinker, just didn't get with the game play at all, as if he set out not to book anyone, so just allowed Stoke free reign on gamesmanship, and as well as missing as clear a pen as you might wish to see (how does his assistant not help there!?) misses fouls and bookings to them, but gives pathetic ones like March at the end.

Very poor.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Total carnage, had no control of the game or the players

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
On reflection, and having calmed down a bit, it has to be said the ref and his lino's had an absolute shocker. That pen could and probably would have changed the game. He gave a free kick to Stoke for handball, it beggars belief. Everyone that watched it around the world saw a pen, the only two that didn't were the ref and the lino. These decisions can cost millions of pounds. Thank God we have video tech coming in next season. Also, Muzza's rash challenge for a deserved yellow was purely down to the pen, I doubt that challenge would have otherwise been made. Anyone that has played knows you will be riled by a bad decision. Shawcross agreed it was a pen. I like him, plenty of needle and annoyance, would be happy with someone like that in the Brighton line up. Also we were awful defensively tonight. That is very not us and we need to sort that for Old Trafford. or we'll get spanked. I think we deserved three points, but we didn't lose, despite the officiating. So, all in all, mildly happy.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Two bad decisions. Apart from that it's going against us but that's the flow. Can't see where that's his fault.

But.... It was a penalty, albeit with the briefest of contact. The linesman, like Mason, may have thought Murray slipped. That's where the biggest fault

The second bad decision was allowing Murray to stay on the pitch after that tackle. A bit of relief.

You obviously did not watch the match mate , Stoke got away with 2 fouls in the first minute , and that set the tone .
Blatant time wasting , blatant block on AK , blatant penalty missed , need I go on , ref was useless

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Truly shocking

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Don’t remember seeing such a bad ref and all decisions going against us too! Since Middlesbrough away

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here