Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Ashe's Thread.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Woakes is a big player in this series and seems to be bowling well over there. His batting also a plus.

Think Starc is quite long at 11/8 to be top Aussies bowler.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm worried we will try to compensate for our weaker batting line-up by picking an extra batsman and going in a bowler light.

I see Nathan Lyon is trying to stoke things up a bit, saying they will retire a few more of our cricketers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42056362

Ironic a third rate spin bowler is trying to talk down our chances. They're talking because they're nervous.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ironic a third rate spin bowler is trying to talk down our chances.

Third rate?

This is a guy who has a better test bowling average than Moeen Ali, Monty Panesar, Ashley Giles, Phil Tufnell, John Emburey and many more English bowlers. He also has a better average than Mushtaq Ahmed, Harbhajan Singh, Daniel Vettori among other international bowlers.

He may open his mouth before engaging brain (he's not the only sportsman to do that) but if he's third-rate, then England are relying on fourth and fifth rate bowlers.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For those partial to a MILF I can recommend Danni Ashe.

In terms of the cricket the absence of Doris in this 1st Test is huge and I fancy their pace attack on those bouncy pitches will be too much for our fragile batting line-up.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
For those partial to a MILF I can recommend Danni Ashe.

In terms of the cricket the absence of Doris in this 1st Test is huge and I fancy their pace attack on those bouncy pitches will be too much for our fragile batting line-up.

Yes I am fully expecting another few occasions of going to bed after watching an OK first session and then being woken by the sprog at 6 a.m. whispering "Dad, Dad can we watch the Ashes?!" to find that Australia are already batting. And going back to sleep.

Still, with low expectations the only way is up and Australia really aren't all that. Bring it on!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Interesting point that I was told last night by somebody going to the 2nd and 3rd tests. He mentioned that the admission price to the best seats for both of these tests is less than the price of our tickets for the home game v Chelsea.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Can't wait, I love the Ashes test series.
Got my usual $100 bet with bloke at pub, we've been doing this for the last two series and are all square at the moment.
Going to local tonight on way home to wind the Aussies up about it..............................recipe for humble pie in back pocket just in case.
Going to check what odds I can get on a 2 - 2 draw and England keeping the little urn.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That Nathan lyon has gone to a new depth even for the convicts. Pretty spiteful thing to say about fellow professional sportsmen.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here