Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Miniutes applause this evening

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sadly she was the Brighton fan who was murdered recently.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm still confused, that article says there was a minute's applause for her at the Southampton game. Why another one tonight? I'm not criticising in any way, just interested to know why we are doing iy again.

Pretty sure there wasn't one at the Southampton game, though saw a few Shares on Facebook from an Albion fansite saying that there would be one, or maybe just trying to organise one.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
I'm still confused, that article says there was a minute's applause for her at the Southampton game. Why another one tonight? I'm not criticising in any way, just interested to know why we are doing iy again.

Err no it doesnt?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Pretty sure there wasn't one at the Southampton game, though saw a few Shares on Facebook from an Albion fansite saying that there would be one, or maybe just trying to organise one.

Possibly there was some kind of tribute paid from the North, I don't remember anything either. Maybe this is now the official club response.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Err no it doesnt?

Not sure everyone is reading the same article.

It was very upsetting all around us but when we scored the equaliser we all tapped her seat and said that goal was for you Jillian.”

A minute’s applause was held for Jillian in the 46th minute of the game against Southampton

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Err yes it does!

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2017/november/minutes-applause-for-jill/

'Brighton & Hove Albion will pay tribute to the life of Jillian Howell with a minute’s applause during Monday night’s Premier League match against Stoke City at the Amex.

The applause will take place in the 75th minute to commemorate the last goal that Jill celebrated during her life, as Glenn Murray scored the third and final goal from the penalty spot in a 3-0 victory over West Ham United at that time in the game.

The club was one of the loves of Jill’s life and she started regularly going to games when the club moved to Withdean, attending matches with her dad and two nephews.

Jill continued to follow the team at the Amex, and was one of the many fans who went into the pitch to celebrate promotion to the Premier League following a 2-1 victory over Wigan Athletic in April.

As well as her love for the football club, Jill was known for her charity work and volunteered for the Samaritans most Saturday mornings, often arriving at the ground just before kick-off.

A full tribute to Jill contributed by her family members: Jo, Matt, Adam and Lauren, will be in tonight’s matchday magazine.

A Just Giving page has been set up in memory of Jill and if you would like to donate, please visit https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/jillhowell.'

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
From the story:

Browning, who was a technician in the university’s payroll department is accused of murdering payroll manager Jillian, known as Jill, at her home in Sandgate Road, near Fiveways on Wednesday night.

Why would anyone want to kill the payroll manager?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
My brothers ex partner. He is pretty devastated. Albion through and through so she was.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Err no it doesnt?

There are two different articles posted on this thread. One is the club site and the other is the Argus. As usual the Argus is wrong. There wasn't a minute's applause at the Saints game, but a scarf and rose were placed on her usual seat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here