Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion 2017-18 discipline watch

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It’d only be a one match suspension for Dunk as it’d be his first of the season, I think.

Nope - two matches:-

Discipline.jpg

And, in case you still aren't convinced, Gordon Greer served a two-match suspension for 10 bookings in 2014-15 despite not having served a suspension previously, as did Adam El-Abd in 2012-13.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Glenn Murray picked up his sixth booking of the season against the Swans on Saturday and joins Dunk and Duffy on that number of yellow cards for the campaign to date. The cut-off for a two-match suspension is ten bookings by the 32nd Premier League match (which is now Huddersfield Town on April 7th). So five matches (including the United quarter-final FA Cup tie) during which these three players need to avoid earning another four yellow cards each.

Brighton and Hove Albion - Disciplinary Status 2017-18

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Glenn Murray picked up a booking for the second game running against the Gunners and now stands on 7 cautions. If he picks up more than two bookings in the next four matches (including the FA Cup quarter-final) then he will have to serve a two-match ban.

Messrs. Dunk and Duffy would need to pick up a booking in each of the next four matches to incur a ban (that isn't a challenge, chaps).

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Glenn Murray picked up a booking for the second game running against the Gunners and now stands on 7 cautions. If he picks up more than two bookings in the next four matches (including the FA Cup quarter-final) then he will have to serve a two-match ban.

Messrs. Dunk and Duffy would need to pick up a booking in each of the next four matches to incur a ban (that isn't a challenge, chaps).

Muzza won’t feature against United, he’ll be rested for that one, as will Dunk & Duffy I reckon. So these guys have probably only got 3 games until the deadline.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Muzza won’t feature against United, he’ll be rested for that one, as will Dunk & Duffy I reckon. So these guys have probably only got 3 games until the deadline.

Murray came on as a sub for the games against Palace and Boro; Albion don't play again until two weeks after the United cup-tie; and none of us know what sort of team Hughton is likely to pick for the game (and maybe some/all of the first-team regulars will be lobbying hard to play?).

But at any rate, I mentioned the cup-tie because it would have been remiss of me not to.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Murray came on as a sub for the games against Palace and Boro; Albion don't play again until two weeks after the United cup-tie; and none of us know what sort of team Hughton is likely to pick for the game (and maybe some/all of the first-team regulars will be lobbying hard to play?).

But at any rate, I mentioned the cup-tie because it would have been remiss of me not to.

Fair point ! :thumbsup:

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Knockaert, with his moment of lunacy on Saturday, has earned himself at least a five week break from action (his three-match ban, combined with the international break, means that he cannot figure until the match against Crystal Palace on April 14 at the earliest).

Glenn Murray would need to get himself booked in the next three matches (Man Utd FAC, Leicester City and Huddersfield Town) in order to suffer a two-game suspension for accumulated cautions (not entirely impossible, but he's not exactly Kazenga LuaLua).

No other players are in danger of having to serve such a two-game ban.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The absence of bookings at Old Trafford on Saturday evening means that no Albion players are in danger of serving a two-match suspension for accumulating 10 cautions this season.

Anthony Knockaert still has plenty of time for inward contemplation, though.

The benefit of the break is that it may well encourage reflection; if not, you have to wonder how well equipped he is for the PL. As many say, staggering talent, but questionable decision-making. Guardiola says it's the latter that turns good players into greats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here