Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Arsenal in January for £35-40m

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
If an offer comes in for dunk for 40 million then surely we take it. If we can win a few more matches before Jan then that makes selling even more unlikely. Dunk will want to play in the World Cup and he might be past his best by the next one so surely he would leave in Jan. Triple the money (guess) playing with brilliant players in front of over 60k. Yes he might love Brighton but come off it.

I wouldn't have a problem with us selling and being viewed by players as fair if a massive offer comes in. Every one has a value and it would be interesting to hear what people think is dunk's if it is not 40 million.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Idiotic thread full of idiots.

Well of course every side that starts doing well has all the big cubs move in and picked clean of talent they quickly tumble back to wear they belong, I mean look at Leicester a year or so ago?

Pfffttt bed wetters mythology.

Players generally dont like leaving a club on the up(Take Zamora as a classic example), if hes prem thats the stage that will get him an international cap.

Whos going to sanction this? Will CH be happy to sell a player that could well break the backbone of the side midseason? Has TB(and CH) suddenly stopped being shrewd and become an impulse gambler?

Even Palace wont sell both of their decent players till the games up.

Some supa-dupa back-up signing? More pie in the sky speculation to back up the original pie in the sky speculation. All this can do is unsettle a player and stir the pot. Better to keep your head down and count your blessings imo.

This isn't football chat its masochism with tits.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
If an offer comes in for dunk for 40 million then surely we take it. If we can win a few more matches before Jan then that makes selling even more unlikely. Dunk will want to play in the World Cup and he might be past his best by the next one so surely he would leave in Jan. Triple the money (guess) playing with brilliant players in front of over 60k. Yes he might love Brighton but come off it.

I wouldn't have a problem with us selling and being viewed by players as fair if a massive offer comes in. Every one has a value and it would be interesting to hear what people think is dunk's if it is not 40 million.

Past his best? He will be 30 at the next World Cup. That's a centre backs prime age isn't it? I would be surprised if we turned down anything over £20m. Would love to see us get more but that would easily get a replacement if not two excellent players if spent wisely

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Past his best? He will be 30 at the next World Cup. That's a centre backs prime age isn't it? I would be surprised if we turned down anything over £20m. Would love to see us get more but that would easily get a replacement if not two excellent players if spent wisely

One bad injury and lose a little pace - he may be at his peak but he might be past it. He will see this as the prime opportunity.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Where have I mentioned that? If someone comes in with a 30 mill bid, a top six side, he will ask to move, quite simply. The club won't stand in his way. This is about England and getting in the summer squad. He will be 29 come the next WC, so this may be one of two opportunities in his career. As I said, the club would not stand in his way.

There is zero chance he will be let go for £30 million in January, even if he wants to. It would take a lot more than that. Aside from the benefits of simply staying in the division, we receive £2 million per position in the table. £30 million is not what it once was. We apparently bid around £25 million for Janssen, so that's the kind of player we could be swapping him for. No thanks. Thankfully Bloom and Hughton have more sense than that.

He might go in the summer if we receive a bid of say, £50 million. That's what he's worth in today's market - especially with some of the top teams desperate for improved defensive quality. That he is very comfortable with the ball makes him worth even more.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Idiotic thread full of idiots.

Well of course every side that starts doing well has all the big cubs move in and picked clean of talent they quickly tumble back to wear they belong, I mean look at Leicester a year or so ago?

Pfffttt bed wetters mythology.

Players generally dont like leaving a club on the up(Take Zamora as a classic example), if hes prem thats the stage that will get him an international cap.

Whos going to sanction this? Will CH be happy to sell a player that could well break the backbone of the side midseason? Has TB(and CH) suddenly stopped being shrewd and become an impulse gambler?

Even Palace wont sell both of their decent players till the games up.

Some supa-dupa back-up signing? More pie in the sky speculation to back up the original pie in the sky speculation. All this can do is unsettle a player and stir the pot. Better to keep your head down and count your blessings imo.

This isn't football chat its masochism with tits.

So you thought you'd join in? :)

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Is this a common rumour doing the rounds?

I heard it too, from someone who might have some reasonably well-informed knowledge.. and £35m was the figure quoted.

Even assuming we'd sell, which I'd be surprised about in January, it'd be a shame to let Arsenal ruin him. Genuinely think he can do even better long term, and keep learning with us in the meantime. But once those top 6 wages are on offer......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here