Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Arsenal in January for £35-40m

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
FFS [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], why are posting this? I still need to lump on at the bookies. They'll get wind of this and slash the odds now. :down:

Personally, I believe if those figures are correct, he absolutely will in January, as the timing has surely been factored into the price. That said, I'd also be prepared to believe the club has a replacement lined up already, such is the brilliance of our recruitment team these days.

What's more, he'd want to go in January because he'd walk into the World Cup squad if he was in Arsenal's back 4 - that's how football works.

Back 3 at the moment. Which may be an issue, as it’s a system he hasn’t played in that often.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Back 3 at the moment. Which may be an issue, as it’s a system he hasn’t played in that often.

If we sold Arsenal Duffy as well, it's the same as having a back 3 just using one less player.

#MakeArsenalGreatAgain.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hopefully just a rumour, would be such a shame to sell him in January.

Although if we get 24 points from the next 8 games, it's job done for this year anyway [emoji38]

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'd still be astonished if we sold this transfer window, there just seems absolutely no point at all in doing so from our perspective. Why put our premier league status at risk just because the player may have a slightly better chance at a call-up for the world cup?

If we could do a Zaha type deal where we loan him back for the remainder of the season I'd be all for it to be honest.

Although I suspect Dunk wants to play for Arsenal before the summer to maybe increase his chances, however small, of being selected for the World Cup squad.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Wonder if he'll get a statue at the Emirates?The new,improved,Tony Adams!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
just hope he tells agent/club to put anything on hold until the summer. he doesn't need to move now, club doesnt need the money, as local hopefully he'll will want to see out the season with his own club.

I understand and accept the majority view on here, in that money talks, every player has his price etc. etc. But I still believe that Lewis is a home town boy at heart, and has no burning desire to set off for the big lights. If he has to go I hope it can wait until the summer transfer window, to give us the best chance of staying up.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I understand and accept the majority view on here, in that money talks, every player has his price etc. etc. But I still believe that Lewis is a home town boy at heart, and has no burning desire to set off for the big lights. If he has to go I hope it can wait until the summer transfer window, to give us the best chance of staying up.

I doubt when offered £100k a week, the home town boy will influence his decision

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's just too important to us to sell in January, its ESSENTIAL we hold on to him until the summer. £30-£40m is no good to us if we drop down, it could set us back years. Can't see it happening. He'll still have every opportunity to move on next summer, and with a full PL season under his belt his valuation can only go up if he maintains this level of performance.

Hopefully when the time comes there'll be an auction, with a couple of clubs coming in for him to force up the price. But we don't need to sell, and I don't think he'll be desperate to leave us mid-season.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
This is not somethingI think is true but if it is I doubt we would be able to keep him

However it begs the question. There has been hype around Dunk for about 3 years now with PL Clubs in abundance making enquiries and offers for him. What on earth has woken clubs like Arsenal up ? What on earth do their recruitment team do all day. Do they only go and watch matches if they can get a cheap holiday abroad ?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
FFS [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], why are posting this? I still need to lump on at the bookies. They'll get wind of this and slash the odds now. :down:

Personally, I believe if those figures are correct, he absolutely will in January, as the timing has surely been factored into the price. That said, I'd also be prepared to believe the club has a replacement lined up already, such is the brilliance of our recruitment team these days.

What's more, he'd want to go in January because he'd walk into the World Cup squad if he was in Arsenal's back 4 - that's how football works.
Yep, pretty much nails it , youve left out the bit about him doubling his money as one of the reasons to go...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'd still be astonished if we sold this transfer window, there just seems absolutely no point at all in doing so from our perspective. Why put our premier league status at risk just because the player may have a slightly better chance at a call-up for the world cup?

Because it may just be that he has ambition?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is not somethingI think is true but if it is I doubt we would be able to keep him

However it begs the question. There has been hype around Dunk for about 3 years now with PL Clubs in abundance making enquiries and offers for him. What on earth has woken clubs like Arsenal up ? What on earth do their recruitment team do all day. Do they only go and watch matches if they can get a cheap holiday abroad ?

There's plenty of indications that Arsenal were looking at him 5 or 6 years ago when he was a very young player showing lots of potential. I doubt they put his file through the shredder when they decided not to proceed back then.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I doubt when offered £100k a week, the home town boy will influence his decision

Was going to say the same thing, surprised it took this long to mention wages.

Dunk will double his wages at least by going to any of those clubs. With that and the prospect of a world cup you can't really blame him for going if an offer comes in, regardless of whether BHAFC doesn't need the money.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
People seem to forget we have Huner and Goldson in the 'b' pack, both good enough to step up at any given time.

I can't see any chance of us selling him in January whatever the price, unless he decides he wants to go.

And if he thinks that going to Arsenal or whoever will give him a good chance of getting to the World Cup then I for one say good luck to him.

But I hope he stays.

I don't think he will go just for the wages, he can wait till the end of the season and then move for massive wages even if we stay up. I suspect this will be his last season with us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here