Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Arsenal in January for £35-40m

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I thought it was all going too well :down:

You're obviously unfamiliar with the footballing food chain. In any case we're long overdue a couple of seasons in the lower leagues to keep us grounded and remind us that we're BHAFC, nothing more, nothing less.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You're obviously unfamiliar with the footballing food chain. [/QUO

Au contraire, hence the :down:. I have been following this club long enough to know that ups are swiftly followed by downs :smile:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Any "big" club bidding for Dunk right now would expect to get him on the cheap simply because they are who they are.
For that reason I don't believe a rumour that says "Arsenal/Liverpool will bid £30m+"
I would expect bids (and there are bound to be some) to start around £10m with their expectation being a deal at maybe £15m. If bids do come in then Dunk's ambition and the proximity of the World Cup will play a part. No-one though will come in with an offer anywhere near £30m or more so for me as it stands it's made-up.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I’ll be astounded after spending so much time and money getting to the prem Bloom would sell one of the vital players that looks like keeping us up half way through the season. That money is worthless if we’re in the championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think that anyone who believes we may go down if we don't have Dunk also think we're a one trick pony.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Any "big" club bidding for Dunk right now would expect to get him on the cheap simply because they are who they are.
For that reason I don't believe a rumour that says "Arsenal/Liverpool will bid £30m+"
I would expect bids (and there are bound to be some) to start around £10m with their expectation being a deal at maybe £15m. If bids do come in then Dunk's ambition and the proximity of the World Cup will play a part. No-one though will come in with an offer anywhere near £30m or more so for me as it stands it's made-up.
If bids come in around £10M, with an expectation that a deal will be struck at about £15M, then I strongly expect the bidders to be disappointed. We don't need to sell, and I don't think TB will even consider it unless really silly money is offered - silly money in my opinion being defined as well uphill of £30M.
He'll go in the summer, probably - which makes finding an old experienced hand to be fourth choice CB to allow Goldson to go to the Championship for half a season of experience the second most important objective of the January window, IMHO, after getting that super-quick striker.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

If that is the case, then he will remain an Albion player into the summer. No way TB is selling for anything other than a ridiculous fee. Southampton supposedly held firm on a £40m+ bid for Virgil van Dijk in the summer, and rumours are Liverpool will go back in January with an improved offer. Dunk has just signed a new long contract, no way that is being broken without a sizeable offer on the table.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I would drive him there for that sort of money.

Just joking, he is not for sale yet anyway.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Personally don't think we would sell him for anything under £50m

He will be captain for many years as soon as Bruno retires which admittedly may be a lot longer into the future than age may suggest

Dunk has potential to captain our most successful team EVER

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If bids come in around £10M, with an expectation that a deal will be struck at about £15M, then I strongly expect the bidders to be disappointed. We don't need to sell, and I don't think TB will even consider it unless really silly money is offered - silly money in my opinion being defined as well uphill of £30M.
He'll go in the summer, probably - which makes finding an old experienced hand to be fourth choice CB to allow Goldson to go to the Championship for half a season of experience the second most important objective of the January window, IMHO, after getting that super-quick striker.

If that is the case, then he will remain an Albion player into the summer. No way TB is selling for anything other than a ridiculous fee. Southampton supposedly held firm on a £40m+ bid for Virgil van Dijk in the summer, and rumours are Liverpool will go back in January with an improved offer. Dunk has just signed a new long contract, no way that is being broken without a sizeable offer on the table.

Agree 100% which is why I discount the rumour.........for now

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here