Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Arsenal in January for £35-40m

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
To be fair to BG, he has been saying Dunk to Arsenal in January for a period now. But, it won't happen in January!

My argument is that whatever will be bid for him in January, the same or more will be bid at seasons end. Why risk our PL status by selling him earlier? Maybe a deal and loan back till end of season?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
FFS [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], why are posting this? I still need to lump on at the bookies. They'll get wind of this and slash the odds now. :down:

To be fair to BG, he has been saying Dunk to Arsenal in January for a period now. But, it won't happen in January!
Personally, I believe if those figures are correct, he absolutely will in January, as the timing has surely been factored into the price. That said, I'd also be prepared to believe the club has a replacement lined up already, such is the brilliance of our recruitment team these days.

What's more, he'd want to go in January because he'd walk into the World Cup squad if he was in Arsenal's back 4 - that's how football works.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
FFS [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], why are posting this? I still need to lump on at the bookies. They'll get wind of this and slash the odds now. :down:

There is no "Next Lewis Dunk club" market on offer anywhere from what I can see so request that bet...

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Arsenal have been crying out for a Dunk type player for years , they can fook off for another 10 years , the only reason we have to sell a player now is if the player himself wants to go , at the moment we're no longer a club that has to sell for survival thank god .

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If you look at it logically and if the rumours were to be true, he would go in January for his own career progress and a larger chance of him playing in the World Cup.

Edit: And he'll be 29 for the next World Cup. So he may only have two chances to go.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Not Arsenal, Liverpool will come in for him. They are fed up chasing Dirk Dicklerror and will offer 30 million for Dunk. Will he go? Not in January.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Arsenal have been crying out for a Dunk type player for years , they can fook off for another 10 years , the only reason we have to sell a player now is if the player himself wants to go , at the moment we're no longer a club that has to sell for survival thank god .
He'll want to go if he has any ambition to play for his country, and it would be counterproductive for our club to get in the way of the careers of good players. £35-40m is more than a very fair price for Dunk in January, he's been a great player for us over 6 years and would deserve a chance at a top 6 club and probably the World Cup.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Who's going to offer to drive him to Arsenal?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
just hope he tells agent/club to put anything on hold until the summer. he doesn't need to move now, club doesnt need the money, as local hopefully he'll will want to see out the season with his own club.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He can do better than Arsenal :lol:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
With Stones now injured and Citeh starting to panic it will only push up his Jan transfer figure . Jones at Man Utd looking injury prone and clubs looking at Johhny Evans at the start of the season for 30 mill . For me its starting to look Cheap . We either have to pay a whack for somebody not as good or the recruitment team have already unearthed somebody.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Such a shame I wanted him to be an Albion player when he strolls out in an England shirt.

Nailed on he will get called up when he moves on, and the usual shit from the press that he needed the move to make him a complete player.

Bollox he is already.

Stumpy Tim

he doesn't need to move now, club doesnt need the money, as local hopefully he'll will want to see out the season with his own club.

If he wants to get in the World Cup squad, he may feel that he does need to move now - as long as it's one of the top 6. If he's playing regularly for Arsenal he's going to the World Cup. If he's playing for us it's far less likely. Ridiculous but unfortunately true

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
He'll want to go if he has any ambition to play for his country, and it would be counterproductive for our club to get in the way of the careers of good players. £35-40m is more than a very fair price for Dunk in January, he's been a great player for us over 6 years and would deserve a chance at a top 6 club and probably the World Cup.

I tend to agree if he was already a Arsenal player he would already be in the England squad but i think and hope he will still be going to russia but as a Brighton player , if he keeps up his level of performance and we do well as a team then even the lunatics at the FA will see what they've been missing , i don't think that figure is a fair reflection of his value to Brighton in their 1st season back in the top flight , lose him and it could unbalance the whole side and our team ethic we have of which he is a integral part , selling Dunk this season would be a massive mistake for any amount of money , obviously IMO .

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think Liverpool would be a better move for him, if they are interested.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder if stability will play into Dunk's thinking?
Arsenal will have a new manager in the summer, he wouldn't want to be the Arsenal equivalent of Zahahaha at Utd, although taking him straight back on loan sounds appealing.
It's not as if he'll go unnoticed (one would think even by Southgate) spending a further 4 months at the Albion.

Either way he has to be odds on to leave before the start of next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here