PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Monday 20th November 2017
Kick-off: 20:00 GMT
Referee: Lee Mason
Assistants: Adrian Holmes, Matthew Wilkes
Fourth official: Kevin Friend

TEAM NEWS

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton has reported no fresh injury problems ahead of Monday's Premier League match against Stoke.

Steve Sidwell remains out as he recovers from a back problem.

Lee Grant is expected to play in goal for Stoke as Jack Butland suffered a broken finger on England duty.

The Potters remain without Geoff Cameron, who is still feeling the after-effects of a blow to the head in training three weeks ago.

RADIO 5 LIVE COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Jonathan Pearce: "This is the sort of game that will remind Brighton the Premier League is a 10 month relentless grind.

"They've acquitted themselves well. A win would equal their best points tally after the opening 12 top-flight matches of a season.

"If they can get their wingers flying from the start, they can certainly end their eight-match losing run against Stoke, especially with the evergreen Glenn Murray in scoring form.

"Defeat would equal Stoke's worst Premier League points tally at this stage, but a nagging suspicion remains that Peter Crouch could pop up with a club record 44th Premier League strike.

"Another draw at the Amex wouldn't surprise me."

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton: "Going into the international break winning at Swansea was massive because we knew the schedule that was coming up over the next six weeks and into the Christmas period and new year.

"There'll be a period that will test us and give us an indication of where we are, but we knew that was coming and we have to be prepared for it - whether that is over the upcoming weeks or in the latter half of the season."

Stoke manager Mark Hughes on Hughton: "Sometimes familiarity breeds a little bit of contempt and sometimes when you've been around for a long time people don't appreciate what you bring to the table in terms of experience and knowledge, and understanding what's required at this level.

"Chris is one of those that has had a great career, he's had success, promotions and been at good clubs and predominantly been a success at those clubs so I don't think anybody should underestimate what he's been able to do as a manager, and credit to him."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Stoke have won eight successive matches against Brighton in all competitions, keeping five clean sheets.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have never won this fixture in the top flight (D3, L5). Stoke earned a 2-1 away victory in the most recent top-flight encounter, in February 1983.
    [*=left]This will be the first competitive meeting between the sides since February 2011 when Stoke won 3-0 at home in an FA Cup fifth-round tie.

Brighton

• [*=left]The Seagulls are vying to stretch their unbeaten top-flight run to five matches, a feat they last achieved in April 1983.
    [*=left]A Brighton win would equal their highest points tally after 12 top-flight matches. They had 18 points at the same stage in 1981.
    [*=left]They could record consecutive top-flight wins for the first time since September 1982.
    [*=left]Glenn Murray has the chance to score in four successive Premier League games for the first time in his career.

Stoke

• [*=left]Stoke beat Watford 1-0 in their most recent away game but haven't won on successive Premier League trips since October 2015.
    [*=left]The Potters have won only three of their 11 league matches this season.
    [*=left]Defeat on Monday would ensure they equal their lowest tally of 12 points after as many games of a Premier League season, set in 2011-12.
    [*=left]However, Stoke are unbeaten in all seven Premier League away fixtures played on a Monday (W3, D4). The most recent of those was 4-3 at Everton in December 2015.
    [*=left]Peter Crouch is level with Jonathan Walters as Stoke's all-time leading scorer in the Premier League, with 43 goals. He has made 142 Premier League appearances as a substitute; one more will set an outright record, surpassing Shola Ameobi.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The Potters remain without Geoff Cameron, who is still feeling the after-effects of a blow to the head in training three weeks ago.

That is one long headache!!!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Now is the time to break our duck! Although I have a horrible feeling they are going to beat us. They are still a quality side and can quite easily go on a winning run. If we can use our pace out wide and get bodies in the box we could end up having a good match.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oddly to me, this feels like the teams first 'must win game'.

With 6 points separating 19th (no point including rock bottom) and 11th the sub divisions are beginning to split.
Being over a win above that mess, esp with Utd at the weekend, plus 2 wins clear of Stoke, is massive.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Anyone got on any decent bets on for tonight? Just having a look and not sure what I fancy

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Anyone got on any decent bets on for tonight? Just having a look and not sure what I fancy

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

under 4.5 @ 1.08 on BF, £1000 pays £80.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

The OddsChecker app on my phone shows a 4/1 -> 8/1 price boost for Murray to score a header with SkyBet.

That doesn't seem to be showing on the SkyBet site though from what I can see. Quite appealing otherwise.

I can see boosts for:

Gross FGS - 10/1
Murray to score a brace - 14/1
Murray FGS and Albion to win 2-1 - 50/1

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just about to start the betting tonight thread.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I thought Monday was your day off [MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION] :wink:

I've been working in Wales for the weekend, miles from anywhere let alone a computer. Luckily the powers that be decided that this match should be played on a Monday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here