Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Stoke City *** Official Match Thread ***

Thecoffeecake

Oct 10, 2017
Philadelphia
Obviously much much better quality in the second half. That's what I expected from the opening kick. Shows Hughton responded properly, both tactically and in his message to the players. There was a lot of individual sloppiness, but only led to the first goal. Stoke had a number of legitimate chances due to poor decision making on the ball coming out of the back, or bad first touches, or both. We must have confidence in getting a result like this, despite most of us having expectations of getting 3 points going in. If they can score twice and get a draw against a talented Stoke team while putting on a less than ideal performance, I think we'll all take that. :albion2:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Shawcross just interviewed with Murray.

Said that he caught him and that it should have been a penalty.

Shame that the referee didn't think it was.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
5 games unbeaten in the premier league. Slightly disappointed with a home draw with stoke after coming from behind twice.
Not sure if the expectations should be any higher.

Coxovi

NSC Patreon
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
The best part is I thought we were a better team than Stoke. Given the defensive lapses draw was fair, but could have easily won it.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The ref wasn't actually THAT bad. We were unsure in defence for the first time in ages. Stephens was an absolute joy to watch tonight. He and Propper showed some serious class in trying to unlock their defence. Knocky huffed and puffed, Murray is so good at reading the game but I would have liked Hemed on for the last 15.

Matty Ryan worries me against these bigger, stronger teams though. I think we could concede a few more goals from set plays unless he starts coming for a few crosses.

Overall, that was a decent game. We belong in this league and we're a point closer to staying in it for another season!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Obviously much much better quality in the second half. That's what I expected from the opening kick. Shows Hughton responded properly, both tactically and in his message to the players. There was a lot of individual sloppiness, but only led to the first goal. Stoke had a number of legitimate chances due to poor decision making on the ball coming out of the back, or bad first touches, or both. We must have confidence in getting a result like this, despite most of us having expectations of getting 3 points going in. If they can score twice and get a draw against a talented Stoke team while putting on a less than ideal performance, I think we'll all take that. :albion2:

Delivery for Mr. Hughton.

765_340_1_1_11850%20bag%20pallet.jpg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Bit disappointed with a point but after coming from behind twice I'll take it and keep the unbeaten home record going

Thecoffeecake

Oct 10, 2017
Philadelphia
The ref wasn't actually THAT bad. We were unsure in defence for the first time in ages. Stephens was an absolute joy to watch tonight. He and Propper showed some serious class in trying to unlock their defence. Knocky huffed and puffed, Murray is so good at reading the game but I would have liked Hemed on for the last 15.

Matty Ryan worries me against these bigger, stronger teams though. I think we could concede a few more goals from set plays unless he starts coming for a few crosses.

Overall, that was a decent game. We belong in this league and we're a point closer to staying in it for another season!

I disagree about Ryan. You might want to see him come out for one or two of those, but I'm ok with him letting the back line handle them, instead of him getting caught off his line. He makes confident decisions and that's the important thing. I would have liked him to not go down to his right on the first goal, but he made an excellent save in the second half you won't see every PL keeper make every time. I'd be more concerned if I was Stoke, that first Brighton goal should've been a fairly simple foot save.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Shawcross just interviewed with Murray.

Said that he caught him and that it should have been a penalty.

Shame that the referee didn't think it was.

I'm in WSU, towards the home end, and could see it was clearly a penalty, it's incredulous the ref either didn't see it or saw it and decided it wasn't a penalty.

Thecoffeecake

Oct 10, 2017
Philadelphia

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
A striker too definitely but Bong really concerns me on the ball as he never looks in control and Suttner looks too slow for the Prem. A definite weak link in our team.

I disagree. I thought Bong had a decent game tonight. Knockaert had a poor game.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I disagree about Ryan. You might want to see him come out for one or two of those, but I'm ok with him letting the back line handle them, instead of him getting caught off his line. He makes confident decisions and that's the important thing. I would have liked him to not go down to his right on the first goal, but he made an excellent save in the second half you won't see every PL keeper make every time. I'd be more concerned if I was Stoke, that first Brighton goal should've been a fairly simple foot save.

Oh he's a great keeper. But we lose a defender when Murray has to protect him instead of picking up another player at set plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Mark Hughes being mealy mouthed about Brighton, saying we didn't really create anything of note, and Squizzy got a bit of luck, through the Stoke legs.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here