Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Saido Berahino: the former golden boy who has gone 632 days without scoring

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We lost to them in one of the cups a few years back, but I can't remember the score, or whether anybody scored a hat-trick. They may have, for all I know - or not. Sorry!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Didn't a Stoke striker score a hat-trick last time we played them?

Adam (?) Rooney.

Wasn't it the last game of a Withdean season? The players basically decided they couldn't be arsed- which was of course up to them, but I remember being distinctly angry about it at the time (thinking if us fans had known they wouldn't give a shit, then we could at least have not bothered turning up either).

Pretty sure we also got spanked by Stoke in the last home game of a Goldstone season, late 1980s or early 1990s. I could be wrong, but I have a vague memory of two or three thousand Stoke fans turning up, many in beachwear fancy dress (presumably they'd either got promoted or relegated that year) and basically taking the piss as they hammered us.

Edit: just found it. It was 1990 and they'd finished bottom of Division Two by some distance. We finished 18th. They beat us 4-1.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Adam (?) Rooney.

Wasn't it the last game of a Withdean season? The players basically decided they couldn't be arsed- which was of course up to them, but I remember being distinctly angry about it at the time (thinking if us fans had known they wouldn't give a shit, then we could at least have not bothered turning up either).

5-1 in the Withdean game. I think Loft scored for us. Was the most bizarre atmosphere of any game I've been to, and really enjoyable in a comedy sense. By their 4th most of the Brighton fans were cheering, and for their 5th they stayed silent as we cheered. When we got the consolation they started chanting you're gonna win 6-5.

Did Rooney score with only one boot for their 3rd or 4th?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Last time I remember us playing them was in the cup and losing 3-0. I watched it at that sports bar/venue at Piccadilly Circus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here