Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ever thought of punching somebody for no reason when talking to them ?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
One time when I was really young, maybe 7 years old, I was talking to a friend of mine when this other kid came up behind us and called my name a number of times to get my attention. I still have no idea why, but I just turned around and punched him right in his face. Now, I'm not afraid to stand up for myself, but I am by no means an aggressively violent person, and never have been. For some reason, this minor offense of rudeness I met with a swift punch in the face.

Sometimes I have those weird "what if" urges about punching someone in the face, but it's usually in a professional setting or when someone is being particularly nice to me, I'll look up and think "how horrible would it be to hit this person directly in the face". I've read that it's a minor manifestation of OCD that everyone deals with in one way or another, but I could be wrong.

You would have been well at home over here during the 70s and 80s football scene

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
There are a couple of very irritating people in my office, and while I've never wanted to punch them, there are occasions when they are droning on to me, not picking up on my complete disinterest, when I sometimes have a 'Budd White and the chair in LA Confidential' moment when I can almost feel the (computer) mouse in my hand about to explode due the extreme pressure I'm applying to it.

Budd and the chair: (in related news, I once knew a girl who named her vibrator Budd White).

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Not punch someone in the face, however when I have to deal with customers in the shop sometimes and they are particularly boring, you know they just sap all your energy. I better explain myself better people who come in for a browse for ideas when they are thinking about changing the flooring in six months or they proudly tell you they live miles away and have no intention of buying.

I just don’t get it and lately I’ve just wanted to produce a cattle prod, give them a zap or a gun and just blow them away and tell them to stop wasting my life and feck off.

Good job I don’t live in America eh.

I’m thinking I’m alone in these thoughts and need therapy.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Terrific title and thread. Hat's off to the op

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
Voices in head of violence for no rational reason is text book "low level possession."

Get yourself in a lavender bath or scrub with salts or something.....it's some dark stuff going on in YOU.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In my experience nothing beats a vituperative email. Especially if you can do a disciplinary hearing 'standing on your head', as, ahem, I have. :rave::lolol:

However, doing actual violence is a recipe for a personally painful outcome. Besides, it is needlessly rude. Without a bit of decorum and restraint we'd all be ****ed. Fact.

:shrug:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
After being punched in the face and losing my bottom row of teeth and fracturing jaw, no.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
One time when I was really young, maybe 7 years old, I was talking to a friend of mine when this other kid came up behind us and called my name a number of times to get my attention. I still have no idea why, but I just turned around and punched him right in his face. Now, I'm not afraid to stand up for myself, but I am by no means an aggressively violent person, and never have been. For some reason, this minor offense of rudeness I met with a swift punch in the face.

Sometimes I have those weird "what if" urges about punching someone in the face, but it's usually in a professional setting or when someone is being particularly nice to me, I'll look up and think "how horrible would it be to hit this person directly in the face". I've read that it's a minor manifestation of OCD that everyone deals with in one way or another, but I could be wrong.

That’s what I mean, I said boring people but it’s mainly really nice people I get the urge.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Brilliant thread. I've fantasised a few times in past years about this. There was a great and popular guy amongst our cricket team many years ago. One day I was stood next to him in the pavilion with no one else around when I had this terrible urge to just smash him in the back of the head. It worried me quite a bit after that when I thought about the incident later. What would have happened? How would my life have changed etc?

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Brilliant thread. I've fantasised a few times in past years about this. There was a great and popular guy amongst our cricket team many years ago. One day I was stood next to him in the pavilion with no one else around when I had this terrible urge to just smash him in the back of the head. It worried me quite a bit after that when I thought about the incident later. What would have happened? How would my life have changed etc?

That made me laugh. You see people it’s not just me !

You might have become the popular guy????

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
It’s been a lifelong idea of mine. Just, totally out of the blue give the bloke you’re talking to a punch in the face just to see the reaction. I’ve never done it but the amount of times I’ve thought it is ridiculous. It’s normally somebody boring but it can really be anyone. Am I the only one ?

I have as well, you can't stop thoughts from coming and there's nothing wrong with them they are just thoughts. Only becomes an issue when you act on them.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I have these thoughts too as well as tripping people up when walking.. quite frequently too! You are not alone.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

Well, to start with, you'd probably not have got man of the match.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
fightclubbob_3072063c.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here