Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ever thought of punching somebody for no reason when talking to them ?

Thecoffeecake

Oct 10, 2017
Philadelphia
That’s what I mean, I said boring people but it’s mainly really nice people I get the urge.

Yea, but it's not because their kindness is annoying, it's because I imagine me doing the worst possible thing to someone who is either being extraordinarily pleasant, helpful, whatever. Like, what's the worst possible thing I could do to this great person in front of me. I don't really know how to explain it.

Another example, I often picture myself swerving into oncoming traffic or off a bridge, or throwing my phone off a tall mountain.

But to be clear, I've never actually done any of that. I'm not a maniac.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Yea, but it's not because their kindness is annoying, it's because I imagine me doing the worst possible thing to someone who is either being extraordinarily pleasant, helpful, whatever. Like, what's the worst possible thing I could do to this great person in front of me. I don't really know how to explain it.

Another example, I often picture myself swerving into oncoming traffic or off a bridge, or throwing my phone off a tall mountain.

Doesn't a lot of comedy have this vein? I can think of programs like Bottom where this type of
situation develops. Nice person inadvertently comes off worst sort of stuff.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London

Glad you are not in the UK. Throw your phone off a tall mountain (aren't all mountains tall?) by all means but maybe stay where you are if you fancy doing any of the other stuff!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
7.gif

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Glad you are not in the UK. Throw your phone off a tall mountain (aren't all mountains tall?) by all means but maybe stay where you are if you fancy doing any of the other stuff!

It's the classic test for madness though, the question 'Do you ever have unhinged thoughts?' The sane person answers yes, because at some point every person has considered that they could jump in front of the non-stopping train at Preston Park while watching it speeding through from your place a few feet away on the platform, or grabbing the mobile phone of the person having a loud conversation on a train and throwing it out of the window, or wanting to murder all the middle aged white male bores that pollute this website etc. Thoughts and actions are obviously two different things.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
It's the classic test for madness though, the question 'Do you ever have unhinged thoughts?' The sane person answers yes, because at some point every person has considered that they could jump in front of the non-stopping train at Preston Park while watching it speeding through from your place a few feet away on the platform, or grabbing the mobile phone of the person having a loud conversation on a train and throwing it out of the window, or wanting to murder all the middle aged white male bores that pollute this website etc. Thoughts and actions are obviously two different things.

My post was only in jest but point taken. I am sure you will have broken some politically incorrect rule by your referral to "middle aged white male bores"!:)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps you should arrange to meet up to enact your fantasies!

We already meet up.

First Rule of "Punch random stranger in the face club" is..........

(I said too much)

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
In my last job I sat next to a chap who was asking for a punch virtually every second of the working day. Never actually did it, but I ended up getting binned for calling him a C**t. Thing is, I wasn't wrong. He was a massive C**t. Meh. I'm in a better, tosser-less world now :D

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I actually know exactly what you mean. I often think things like that. I've had conversations at work before with people who weren't doing anything wrong and just thought "I wonder what would happen if I just smashed this guy in the face". Like how would people react? What would happen to me? Could I somehow talk my way out of trouble afterwards?

Clearly, I've never done it, and I highly doubt I ever will, but I do know exactly what you mean.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Yep Ive been doing it all my life
Sometimes the feeling varies and I want to kick them really hard in the shins - totally irrational
Im glad there is someone else out there .
Maybe we should meet up for a night out and happily beat the shit out of each other .... ?

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
In my last job I sat next to a chap who was asking for a punch virtually every second of the working day. Never actually did it, but I ended up getting binned for calling him a C**t. Thing is, I wasn't wrong. He was a massive C**t. Meh. I'm in a better, tosser-less world now :D

Worthing? Are you sure?

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Having done this a few times i can say it's not always advisable. But sometimes is very satisfying & for some i am still regretful

Thecoffeecake

Oct 10, 2017
Philadelphia

I mean, I suppose they are, but you can be at 13,000 feet and have no obvious drop to toss a phone, or otherwise valuable object (a small child, perhaps?). The mountains around me are pretty rolling and gradual. Perhaps "steep cliff" is more accurate imagery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here