Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] What’s your prediction for the end of the world? Date and how?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Scientists seem to agree that the end of the world is a scientific certainty. But when will that happen and what will the cause he?

I’m going for 2786. A massive asteroid hit shortly before. Humans escaped to another planet several years ahead of this. Result.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I think the world as we know it will eventually become a dumping ground while we all live on a different
planet. The only person left - and who basically has to shovel shit all day is Mike Dean.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Climate crisis leading to conflict over resources leading to nuclear war would be my bet sometime around 2030. That or a chip pan fire.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
In 5 billion years the sun will expand to become a red giant and fry the Earth in the process.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I think the ball currently in orbit after Ulloa's penalty has put a hole in a time vortex. It's only a matter of time before the Cybermen break through.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Are we talking about the final and total destruction of the planet, or the end of all human life? I think the latter will come about thousands - or more likely millions - of years before the former. Other life forms will survive the end of the human era of the world.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
In all seriousness it will be down to Bozza's cache of Apple tech becoming self aware and instigating a global conflict between man and machine. Bozza will welcome our new iPhone overlords :)

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I fully expect this to happen during the seventh triennial period of the Fentomeric eon. Probably on a Tuesday.

In layman's terms, approximately 3.2 billion of your Earth years from now.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
End of the world? Probably millions of years off.

End of humanity is the more pressing question.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Isn't the actual end of our planet thought to be caused by the sun expanding and engulfing us. By the sun I mean the big ball of gas and fire not the tabloid rag.

larus

Are we talking about the final and total destruction of the planet, or the end of all human life? I think the latter will come about thousands - or more likely millions - of years before the former. Other life forms will survive the end of the human era of the world.

Life will continue on the planet long after it’s ceased to be habitable for humans. What’s happened to mankind by then is hard to say. As the nearest star is 4 light years away, then, unless there is a way to warp space-time I can’t see how we can escape this solar system. But, look at the advances in technology/science in the last 200 years so who knows what mankind will be able to achieve as long as we don’t wipe ourselves out first. Our biggest problem is our inability to get on - too tribal still.

But, you can have certain it won’t be because of Global Warming (contrary to someone’s post) as CO2 has been up to 7000 ppm in the past and the planet has been several degrees warmer and it all survived. The thing about CO2 is, if it drops below an estimated 170ppm, then we’d be in trouble as plants would stop growing, so that’s an indication as to how low CO2 before the uptick around 1850. Yes, man has contributed, but we don’t know to what extent as warming oceans absorb less CO2 and cooling oceans absorb more.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
End of the world? Probably millions of years off.

End of humanity is the more pressing question.

Correct, which is why I provided my earlier answer above to the 'end of the world' question.

On the question of 'when will be the end of humanity?', my research into the TV Channel known as 'ITV2' suggests that we are just weeks away from that particular event. Consequently, I wish everyone on this board a felicitous remainder of your time on this planet.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Does anyone actually believe that the human race could "escape to another planet"?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here