Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Sunday Times - Palace match report today

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"Crystal Palace resemble a drowning man whose life depends on a limited number of lunges at a lifebelt. Adrift before autumn, and fighting energetically due to an initial adrenaline rush, they will quickly reach the stage where urgency gives way to listlessness, the cold takes hold, and they are consigned to the depths".

I just thought that was lovely, and felt compelled to share it with the class.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
"Crystal Palace resemble a drowning man whose life depends on a limited number of lunges at a lifebelt. Adrift before autumn, and fighting energetically due to an initial adrenaline rush, they will quickly reach the stage where urgency gives way to listlessness, the cold takes hold, and they are consigned to the depths".

:cry::cry::cry::cry:
It's as if the quote could've been taken from the film Titanic, I'm welling up................
:cry::cry::cry::laugh:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That's why Michael Calvin gets paid the big bucks...

...although he may be wishing he'd written it any other day than the one where a yachtsman gets swept overboard in a major story. Not his fault and very unfortunate, but that's how easily it can happen.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

That's why Michael Calvin gets paid the big bucks.

Much as we all hope and pray that he's right, and much as their start has been magnificently terrible, it is simply NOT the case that they are beyond recovery. Seriously, they are FIVE POINTS from 17th place. Just TWO wins could see them out of the bottom three :shrug:

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Much as we all hope and pray that he's right, and much as their start has been magnificently terrible, it is simply NOT the case that they are beyond recovery. Seriously, they are FIVE POINTS from 17th place. Just TWO wins could see them out of the bottom three :shrug:

Still think they are going down and are 11 points off us (including GD). With their start and current points total I really can't see 3 other teams going down below them this time around. The squad they have is bare and only takes an injury to Zaha, Townsend, Loftes Cheek, Cabaye or Benteke and their starting 11 is pretty much wide open with a gap. They also lack a decent keeper.

Their luck is running out!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

They have Benteke back now as well, fluffed one yesterday but he will get goals. You look at their team and it is bizarre how they have got themselves in this mess.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
They have Benteke back now as well, fluffed one yesterday but he will get goals. You look at their team and it is bizarre how they have got themselves in this mess.

Because there defence is horrific

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

They've won 2 games in 3 years.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton

i am so worried that they will raise their game beyond all expectations vs us . I believe they see it as their cup final

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
i am so worried that they will raise their game beyond all expectations vs us . I believe they see it as their cup final

Sorry a bit of early morning Bedwetting .. All done now mopped up and sheets in the wash !

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
After 5 years of them telling us how brilliant they are, with Champions league looming, this is just such a good time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here