Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Actors you can't stand

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Adam Sandler. People who have said Hugh Grant clearly have never seen Florence Foster Jenkins or Paddington 2. Also Tom Cruise, always reliable actor, underrated

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Orlando Bloom , such lack of presence.
Another vote for Kidman, terrible .
Barry Pepper, for the nostrils alone.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Intetesting thread. I'm undecided whether it's actors I can't stand or the fact that they are in films I don't like.

As an example I'm not keen on Claude Van Damme but then I don't believe he has ever been in a decent film.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Liam Neeson

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
James Nesbitt. Can't put my finger on what it is about him I don't like, but I simply can't watch anything he is in.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Intetesting thread. I'm undecided whether it's actors I can't stand or the fact that they are in films I don't like.

As an example I'm not keen on Claude Van Damme but then I don't believe he has ever been in a decent film.

Watch his reality show where they follow him around. He's a bellend who takes himself way too seriously. But it is actually a rather good programme.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Meryl Streep, there's something about the earnest showboating in every film in which she appears that sets my teeth on edge.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
James Nesbitt. Can't put my finger on what it is about him I don't like, but I simply can't watch anything he is in.

Ooooh, good shout. I think it's the chronic over-acting for me.

That, and the fact that (in Cold Feet at least) they cast him in the role of some sort of epic STUD, who inexplicably attracts the attention of a whole host of women, all considerably younger and more attractive than him.

As IF, Nesbitt. As IF.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Tom Hanks is a good shout. He's been very lucky. Bit of a no mark until he got the HIV film gig, which was incredibly topical. Then ****ish feel good films like Gump and the rest is history. Got dragged to the Apollo film. Tedius documentary really. Swerved his stuff for years.

Fully agree with every point you make. On the subject of Gump, the entire premise of the film ‘life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’ll get next...’ is fatally flawed. Chocolate boxes have an inlay card with full details of every sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Arjen_Robben_2958991b.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here