Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Me

tumblr_m1g9hxAFXZ1qhu37uo1_500.gif

Lush

Mods' Pet
"Can't stand" is probably a bit strong, but I think Billie Piper is very over-rated. I think the accolades are more down to the brilliant plays and TV shows she's been in, rather than her acting skills.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Kevin Costner and Nicholas Cage and a bit off topic but Nicole Scherzinger in those Muller adverts.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
"Can't stand" is probably a bit strong, but I think Billie Piper is very over-rated. I think the accolades are more down to the brilliant plays and TV shows she's been in, rather than her acting skills.

At the risk of sounding like a bit of a perv, her performances in Secret diary of a call girl can forgive her most other things.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
When I was in college my friend and I had what we called 'the list'. If we didn't like an actor, found them irritating, etc, they would go on the list. Looking back, this was heavily skewed toward women, which is weird (my friend is female, so it wasn't simply a 'men hating successful/unattainable women' thing).

Some are people that would put me off going to see a film:

Renee Zellweger
Catherine Zeta Jones

Some would be people who irritated me, but who I would suffer in their film/show had enough else going for it:

Reese Witherspoon
Julia Roberts
Kirsten Dunst
Nicole Kidman
Leonard DiCaprio
Vincent Kartheiser (now most famous for his role in mad men, but at the time was in the Buffy spin off Angel)

Some are people whose careers didn't last long, or who aren't particularly maintream:

Julie Benz
Claire Kramer
Probably countless others I've forgotten, too.

The List only has a passing mention with my friend these days (our joint cinema visits slowed to a stop as we grew up and got into working life, relationships etc), but we recently agreed to add

Sophie Turner

I'm sure if we sat down and discussed it the list would probably include more men these days (both a mixture of men we have gone off for various reasons (decline in quality of output, revelations about behaviour, etc)

Mel Gibson
Kevin Spacey
Casey Affleck

Nic Cage
Jim Carrey
Adam Sandler

And probably a lot more that aren't springing to mind right now.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
When I was in college my friend and I had what we called 'the list'. If we didn't like an actor, found them irritating, etc, they would go on the list. Looking back, this was heavily skewed toward women, which is weird (my friend is female, so it wasn't simply a 'men hating successful/unattainable women' thing).

Some are people that would put me off going to see a film:

Renee Zellweger
Catherine Zeta Jones

Some would be people who irritated me, but who I would suffer in their film/show had enough else going for it:

Reese Witherspoon
Julia Roberts
Kirsten Dunst
Nicole Kidman
Leonard DiCaprio
Vincent Kartheiser (now most famous for his role in mad men, but at the time was in the Buffy spin off Angel)

Some are people whose careers didn't last long, or who aren't particularly maintream:

Julie Benz
Claire Kramer
Probably countless others I've forgotten, too.

The List only has a passing mention with my friend these days (our joint cinema visits slowed to a stop as we grew up and got into working life, relationships etc), but we recently agreed to add

Sophie Turner

I'm sure if we sat down and discussed it the list would probably include more men these days (both a mixture of men we have gone off for various reasons (decline in quality of output, revelations about behaviour, etc)

Mel Gibson
Kevin Spacey
Casey Affleck

Nic Cage
Jim Carrey
Adam Sandler

And probably a lot more that aren't springing to mind right now.

I recall really liking Adam Sandler films when they first started emerging. Sat down to watch one the other day, where he goes back to school I think, I spent 20 minutes asking what I ever found amusing about them and then switched over. It was awful.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

I have exactly the same emotions as far as Keira Knightley is concerned.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have exactly the same emotions as far as Keira Knightley is concerned.

I actually talk to her when she's onscreen asking her to speak up and get to the point. She floats around saying nowt. It irritates.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here