Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Actors you can't stand

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I have exactly the same emotions as far as Keira Knightley is concerned.

To call her a thespian is stretching it. She just plays herself (more double entendres here than I'd intended!). Cannot act, as anyone who's seen Begin Again will surely testify. I believe she studied her craft at The Keanu Reeves Stage School in Los Angeles.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Arnold Schwarzenegger as a robot. Woops should have been on the other favourite actor thread.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I recall really liking Adam Sandler films when they first started emerging. Sat down to watch one the other day, where he goes back to school I think, I spent 20 minutes asking what I ever found amusing about them and then switched over. It was awful.

I liked Big Daddy and Wedding Singer, and kinda liked The Waterboy, but y friend loved his stuff and was constantly quoting the likes of Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison.

I have exactly the same emotions as far as Keira Knightley is concerned.

Oh yeah, she was on 'the list'

And Johnny Depp can join the list of men who would probably be on it now.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
John Barrowman. I think I'm allowed to call him an actor, though I appreciate he does other stuff too.

I can't watch him in anything. Hugely annoying.

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
"Can't stand" is probably a bit strong, but I think Billie Piper is very over-rated. I think the accolades are more down to the brilliant plays and TV shows she's been in, rather than her acting skills.

I saw her in the Young Vic's 'Yerma'. One of the greatest performances I've ever seen. Which was a surprise, as I was somewhat 'meh' about her previously.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The death of Keith Barron got me thinking about this. Not my style to negative on his RIP thread though. To me he was terrible and devoid of any character. Couldn't stand him on screen. Same goes for Dennis Weaver, lead in an unwatchable to me classic (apparently).

Last step on the podium taken by Kevin Bacon. To rub salt in the wounds he seems to be in every ad break. He keeps Tom Cruise out of the top three to prove how much do I dislike him.

I agree about Keith Barron.
I also never really rated Robert hardy because he was always the same as far as I could see.
The bloke who plays Ken Barlow in Coronation Street - William Roache(?)

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Hugh Grant
Benedict Cumberbatch
Kiera Knightly
Ricky Gervais

But the two stand out dreadful actors who I nevertheless have to watch just because they are so awful...
Jennie Mcalpine, the one now in i'm a Celebrity. Just gurns and whines all the time
Lucy Pargeter (Chas Dingle in Emmerdale)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Most of them have ego's the size of an elephant. So pretty much none of them except Paddy in Emmerdale, he makes me laugh.

NogansRun

Aug 8, 2016
The bloke that plays Charlie Fairhead on Casualty. Highest paid actor on the BBC and definitely the most wooden, no improvement over 25 years!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here