Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Albion fan given banning order.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
A bit harsh IMO, but what I can't understand is that this guy was 49 years of age - surely a bit old for that type of thing? I was expecting the article to say a late teenager of lad in his 20's?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Could you get a banning order just for having Crack on your possession if it were found on you when being searched coming into The Amex etc?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Possesion of class A drug can be up to 7 year sentance

Class A drugs include: heroin (diamorphine), cocaine (including crack), methadone, ecstasy (MDMA), LSD, and magic mushrooms.

So in that way yes, you could get up to a 7 year ban (unless you get a lot of weekend release)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Police have been after him for a while I would have thought. Luzzing a pint over someone is clearly assault but not something the police would normally pursue into court surely? If some idiot threw a pint over me I would be mighty pissed off but I very much doubt I'd bother getting them nicked for it, which makes me think the police wer elooking for a reason to get hold of him?

Thinking on this more, I think with the current trend on acid throwing over people, I guess the intent of the crime is / was taken into consideration?
Just summising :shrug:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
If people reading this article or about it on here about this part of the case don't find this sort of justice disturbing, or an eye opener to the questionable sort of practices used in regard to Policing and our Courts in this Country, and which demonstrates how the Justice system as it stands is extremely flawed against individuals with little or no way to challenge this non evidence which is used to inflate sentences, then i despair. Why is it even allowed in our Courts?

The individual in this case here shows no convictions, there is no evidence offered to show that the defendant was in any way actually involved in any of that disorder being referred to, but is being judged guilty by the justice system as the coincidence of being in an area is being deemed enough to be able to be used to judge character and behaviour (wrongly imo) to help ensure a harsher sentence, and the general public seem to be accepting this.

it's like saying that you were in Marseilles during the Russian football violence, but not involved in any of the fighting, they can claim that you were present in the area (be it at the opposite end of the stadium from the trouble, or away from the street battles that occurred but by simply being near enough to the troubles in their eyes,) it's unfairly determined that it can be used as evidence in your sentencing even though ts completely unrelated to that incident and it has no bearing on the case or proof that your character is one of violence or disorder, but it appears association (like this example of Marseilles) would be enough to seemingly find someone guilty of a behaviour that they didn't commit in this information presented post verdict but prior to sentencing.

People wrongly trust and accept the Justice system we have and presume everything is moral and based on proper justice for all parties involved and not to try to influence sentences by using flimsy evidence which hasn't been scrutinized or cross examined by the defence or allowed to be challenged and potentially thrown out

I have never taken crack to a football match and wouldn't recognise it if it was shown to me. You don't make any reference to this. Is it a red herring or part of a picture built up of this idiot?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If people reading this article or about it on here about this part of the case don't find this sort of justice disturbing, or an eye opener to the questionable sort of practices used in regard to Policing and our Courts in this Country, and which demonstrates how the Justice system as it stands is extremely flawed against individuals with little or no way to challenge this non evidence which is used to inflate sentences, then i despair. Why is it even allowed in our Courts?

The individual in this case here shows no convictions, there is no evidence offered to show that the defendant was in any way actually involved in any of that disorder being referred to, but is being judged guilty by the justice system as the coincidence of being in an area is being deemed enough to be able to be used to judge character and behaviour (wrongly imo) to help ensure a harsher sentence, and the general public seem to be accepting this.

it's like saying that you were in Marseilles during the Russian football violence, but not involved in any of the fighting, they can claim that you were present in the area (be it at the opposite end of the stadium from the trouble, or away from the street battles that occurred but by simply being near enough to the troubles in their eyes,) it's unfairly determined that it can be used as evidence in your sentencing even though ts completely unrelated to that incident and it has no bearing on the case or proof that your character is one of violence or disorder, but it appears association (like this example of Marseilles) would be enough to seemingly find someone guilty of a behaviour that they didn't commit in this information presented post verdict but prior to sentencing.

People wrongly trust and accept the Justice system we have and presume everything is moral and based on proper justice for all parties involved and not to try to influence sentences by using flimsy evidence which hasn't been scrutinized or cross examined by the defence or allowed to be challenged and potentially thrown out

If only he had been allowed a lawyer in court, I'm sure he would have picked this up ???

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Possesion of class A drug can be up to 7 year sentance

Class A drugs include: heroin (diamorphine), cocaine (including crack), methadone, ecstasy (MDMA), LSD, and magic mushrooms.

So in that way yes, you could get up to a 7 year ban (unless you get a lot of weekend release)

That was sort of my point on that scenario - a criminal conviction for something (which for something lesser could just be a caution) and a banning order or just the banning order? A banning order isn't a criminal conviction as I understand it and there's obviously no mention of him being charged for possession in that article.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
banned from going within five miles of any football stadium
5 miles! How can that be legal? That rules out living in London, or even visiting on a Saturday.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If it was craft beer he was throwing away he deserves everything he got.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
What is a football stadium? Do Whitehawk or Worthing for example play at a football stadium?

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Double post - sorry!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
... 'banned from going to the Amex Stadium or parts of Brighton City Centre for three years while a match is being played at the stadium or for four hours before and after kick off. He is also banned from going within five miles of any football stadium in England and Wales for four hours before and after kick off of any match for three years.'

A five mile radius exclusion zone could be difficult to enforce. Its quite a long distance in an urban area. What do you do if you happen to live or work within 5 miles of a ground? Most of Liverpool would be out of bounds every weekend. Also the Wallsall ground (for example) is right next to M6, so travelling anywhere could get interesting.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
5 miles! How can that be legal? That rules out living in London, or even visiting on a Saturday.

Because we are only football supporters, therefore, second-class citizens so our freedoms/rights are of little consequence to the legal establishment?

Rupert (no convictions/criminal record) supposedly/allegedly associates with rum types and throws a pint of real ale over an oppo rugger fan, he is later arrested and found to have an illegal drug in his possession ... similar restrictions/ bannng order from every ground/area for years to come .... nope.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Because we are only football supporters, therefore, second-class citizens so our freedoms/rights are of little consequence to the legal establishment?

Rupert (no convictions/criminal record) supposedly/allegedly associates with rum types and throws a pint of real ale over an oppo rugger fan, he is later arrested and found to have an illegal drug in his possession ... similar restrictions/ bannng order from every ground/area for years to come .... nope.

Banned for life for throwing a plastic glass at the referee.Rugby League
http://www.seriousaboutrl.com/salford-supporter-ban-8075/

Banned for life for abusing Lomo (and from Nottm Forest ground also for other offences)Rugby Union
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10363478

Rugby League thugs facing life time bans
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/6...an-violence-savage-brawl-Salford-Huddersfield

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Banned for life for throwing a plastic glass at the referee.Rugby League
http://www.seriousaboutrl.com/salford-supporter-ban-8075/

Banned for life for abusing Lomo (and from Nottm Forest ground also for other offences)Rugby Union
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10363478

Rugby League thugs facing life time bans
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/6...an-violence-savage-brawl-Salford-Huddersfield

Banned from one ground after incident in the stadium hardly comparable

Banned from from one ground after incident in the stadium hardly comparable.

Banned from one ground after incident in the stadium hardly comparable.

Plus rugby league fans are probably viewed on the same level as football supporters. Well done for knowing how to use google though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here