Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will You Be Fist Bumping A Stoke Fan?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
They didnt need to tweet this. Just approach a few fans outside the ground with a photographer and snap a few happy clappy pics. Encouranging FIST BUMPING is the biggest load of old bollocks I think I’ve ever read in my life.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I shall burn my collection of Arnold Bennett novels in protest.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"The FA Respect Programme highlights that ‘good behaviour makes for a great game’, and by showing your ability to come together and put allegiances to one side, this message can spread across social media in a positive light."

Putting allegiances to one side?!?

Having an allegiance to a particular club is the fundamental reason why football supporters go to matches.

There's already respect for genuine supporters who follow teams over many years through 'the bad times and the good'.

No amount of fist bumps will add to that, regardless of the wishes of those that seek to fulfill a particular desired narrative on the FA's social media channels.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
FFS. Might even be tempted to ‘fist bump’ anyone who ‘fist bumps’ a Stoke fan.

Beyond belief. What w****er came up with this bollocks ??

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
This initiative looks like it's geared towards football tourists, in a show of 'solidarity' which however is cringeworthy and makes us a laughing stock to others

Just my two cents, mind

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Where did this fist bumping come from?
A kiddy at my work used to do it all the time about 5 years ago
I had never seen it before and refused to participate as it looked bollocks
He was a golfer so i'm assumed it was a golfing thing

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
I already have respect for Stoke City fans....anyone who has to endure going to the Britannia week after week must be a proper fan...it's f**king freezing there! Must be the coldest ground in the country!

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I suppose this comes from not trusting someone enough to shake their hand, keeping an appropriate distance, Stoke is far enough.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
It gets worse:

"The brainchild of 19-year old entrepreneur twin brothers MJ and Alfie Uppal-Werthington, FootPump© is an incredible new app that enables soccer fans of any club to 'virtual fist pump' each other, then share their experience via Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and other social media channels. The app has already attracted over $40bn of seed capital from a San Francisco-based incubator hub, with industry buzz that this could be the new Uber and Airbnb rolled into one.

"There are like literally lots of soccer fans all over the world," enthused MJ to industry bible Appster earlier today. "Our business plan projects that if just 85% of the world's population downloads our app, then it could like totally disrupt the way people interact with each other forever, in a really disruptive way. Just imagine: a Manchester United fan from Guangzhou virtually fist pumping a Liverpool fan from, like, somewhere else. This will send old-fashioned channels like Facebook and Twitter to the graveyard with, like, TV and stuff that people don't use anymore."

"Look at this chart," chipped in brother Alfie. "It shows that FootPump will actually become more popular than soccer itself within just eight weeks of launch, and by Q2 of next year we anticipate revenues of over $100bn a minute from people paying just $2.99 a go to fp each other – that's what we're calling it, by the way – and then upload their fp's to share, like and, like, do other social media stuff with."

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Morning everyone , well i can tell you iv'e had a sleepless night thinking about this and iv'e come to the conclusion it's a massive mistake , i can imagine innocent Stoke fans alighting the train at Brighton only to be confronted by hordes of Albionites rushing toward them offering their fists , now as a stoke fan my natural reaction would be to either run like fook or as usual be in the wrong place at the wrong time and risk a banning order , this could get messy , no doubt in years to come i will be proved wrong as usual and there will be a national Fist Bump day but i can only see it as a precursor to all out Hunger games in the future .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
'A number of polaroid picture frames will also be floating around outside the Amex on Monday evening, so... stand in front of the lens and share that photo ahead of the big game.'

Post your photos on here. Major NSC prize for Best Misuse Of Polaroid Picture Frame :thumbsup:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I wasn't trying to hit him officer I was offering my fist to be bumped and it slipped onto his chin..

Deary me, what is football coming to? Talk to a Stokie in the pub over a pint by all means but this?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
"The FA Respect Programme highlights that ‘good behaviour makes for a great game’, and by showing your ability to come together and put allegiances to one side, this message can spread across social media in a positive light."

Putting allegiances to one side?!?

Having an allegiance to a particular club is the fundamental reason why football supporters go to matches.

There's already respect for genuine supporters who follow teams over many years through 'the bad times and the good'.

No amount of fist bumps will add to that, regardless of the wishes of those that seek to fulfill a particular desired narrative on the FA's social media channels.

It's bizarre isn't it?

The greatest games are those that are fiercely fought through those allegiances.

Utterly cringeworthy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here