Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Facebook is such a load of bollocks nowadays

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I do drop in to see what is going on, read what my 'friends' and mates have to say in their lives.

I will never understand why people put their personal lives online by the way, the 'what's up hun' sh!t does my t!ts in.

But now we have targeted advertising and so many people putting up inane links to threads, fake news, look at my cat it just smiled like a human, my dogs ear looks like Donald Trump, it is just getting more and more banal. And that is our 'friends', mates putting this sh!t up. Oh and not to forget the legendary threads telling people that this name means you are more sexy or the devil. Facebook was good once, but it is just getting worse and worse and worse.

Is the simple answer to take your mates, 'friends' email addresses and just email them? if they don't reply they never were friends anyway, but I think the majority of us on Facebook would know that anyway. Social media? Social sh!t on older people's sanity me thinks.

Please, don't be the one that says 'I don't use facebook' because you shouldn't even be reading this, being cool and trendy is better used elsewhere.

Annoyance off my t!ts... thank you.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The one that really gives me the shits is the "list of names who will do such an such".

Facebook has become like life musak for me. I really rarely find anything of interest on there.

I am considering giving up my smart phone as i am beginning to think my life would be better without it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The one that really gives me the shits is the "list of names who will do such an such".

Facebook has become like life musak for me. I really rarely find anything of interest on there.

I am considering giving up my smart phone as i am beginning to think my life would be better without it.

I travel from Three Bridges to Shepherd's Bush every morning and evening, 80% of people are on their phones, many probably doing social media, the others pretending to be on the phone and telling people how important their lives are. I'm losing the will to live.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I travel from Three Bridges to Shepherd's Bush every morning and evening, 80% of people are on their phones, many probably doing social media, the others pretending to be on the phone and telling people how important their lives are. I'm losing the will to live.

I have more or less given up reading books in favour of staring at my phone. One is infinitely more pleasurable than the other but still I keep staring.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I have more or less given up reading books in favour of staring at my phone. One is infinitely more pleasurable than the other but still I keep staring.

I'll never get used to phone life, it leaves me quite gobsmacked, it really does, I shake my head every morning and evening and the bits in between, and I'm a web developer.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I oversaw some fat bloke in his 50s text tonight and he was messaging some woman saying he was 'giving her a virtual hug' ... I didn't even need my glasses to read it, he was possibly the same age as me or a little older, he was probably going home to her but needed to give the poor woman a 'virtual hug'? What the f'uck is that all about?

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I do drop in to see what is going on, read what my 'friends' and mates have to say in their lives.

I will never understand why people put their personal lives online by the way, the 'what's up hun' sh!t does my t!ts in.

But now we have targeted advertising and so many people putting up inane links to threads, fake news, look at my cat it just smiled like a human, my dogs ear looks like Donald Trump, it is just getting more and more banal. And that is our 'friends', mates putting this sh!t up. Oh and not to forget the legendary threads telling people that this name means you are more sexy or the devil. Facebook was good once, but it is just getting worse and worse and worse.

Is the simple answer to take your mates, 'friends' email addresses and just email them? if they don't reply they never were friends anyway, but I think the majority of us on Facebook would know that anyway. Social media? Social sh!t on older people's sanity me thinks.

Please, don't be the one that says 'I don't use facebook' because you shouldn't even be reading this, being cool and trendy is better used elsewhere.

Get all the people you like from Facebook and can have good banter with then start a WhatsApp group. Infinitely better.

I am 6 months clean of Facebook - just leave Facebook to Mums and trolls.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

You ok hun? X

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I oversaw some fat bloke in his 50s text tonight and he was messaging some woman saying he was 'giving her a virtual hug' ... I didn't even need my glasses to read it, he was possibly the same age as me or a little older, he was probably going home to her but needed to give the poor woman a 'virtual hug'? What the f'uck is that all about?

Maybe he was going home to her, maybe he wasn't. Maybe he was just being nice to someone who felt alone and just needed to know that someone cared. Who knows eh?

Ozymandias86

Jun 24, 2011
Kanazawa
Get all the people you like from Facebook and can have good banter with then start a WhatsApp group. Infinitely better.

I am 6 months clean of Facebook - just leave Facebook to Mums and trolls.

Infinitely this!

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003

Or just visit NSC every now and then to counter your frustration with social media?:smile:

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I have a Facebook account but find NSC a lot more interesting. It has got to the point with Facebook where you can almost predict what most of your 'friends' have posted before you've even logged in. There is occasional good stuff on Facebook but most of it is tiresome/'look at me!' garbage.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The good generation like to communicate and get frustrated on Facebook and the youngsters love drama and are only interested how likes and friends they get for image rights

I can't stand the persistent sharing that people do that clogs it up so I un follow them so I don't see their shit :)
Also people can't be their selves on Facebook because they feel they may offend or look stupid due to worrying what others think all the time.

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I have a Facebook account but find NSC a lot more interesting. It has got to the point with Facebook where you can almost predict what most of your 'friends' have posted before you've even logged in. There is occasional good stuff on Facebook but most of it is tiresome/'look at me!' garbage.
It's because it's an older generation that love to communicate:)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Look at FB at least once every day, but rarely post.

Twitter, I have practically done away with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Gave up Facebook several months ago as I became like everyone else just posting stuff when I wanted to show off. Used Twitter much more as you can be selective about who you follow and dip in and out when in the mood. I use Instagram much more now but really only to follow people that post stunning photography and interesting stuff.

I guess being of the older generation I don’t really “get” social media as it seems to me it is now aimed at ,and used by, mainly children

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Twitter - tweet, twit or tw@t?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Seriously, does anyone use Facebook anymore? I check it about once a week and I'd say practically none of my friends post anymore. About 5 or 6 that always used to post rubbish still seem to be doing the same but the drop out rate for FB must be enormous now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here