Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nathan Jones

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I would expect them to consider Dean Saunders or Kenny Jackett before Nathan Jones.

I’m not Welsh but if I were, I would be very disappointed if Dean Saunders was even considered for the job ! He has a terrible managerial record!

Kenny Jackett I can see as a realistic appointment and I agree is in front of Jones, maybe it’s a year or two too early for Nathan

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Would be a bad career move for Nathan. Wales peaked at the euros, they won’t qualify for another tournament any time soon and he would wrongly get the blame. Much better for him to take his next move to a larger club than Luton once he has taken them up.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'd love to see him take the challenge, but he's not even close to being a big enough name for them to consider.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I’m not Welsh but if I were, I would be very disappointed if Dean Saunders was even considered for the job ! He has a terrible managerial record!

Kenny Jackett I can see as a realistic appointment and I agree is in front of Jones, maybe it’s a year or two too early for Nathan

I agree about Saunders but he has a good record for Wales as a player and they do not have a lot to chose from. John Hartson Robbie Savage John Toshack again.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I agree about Sauders but he has a good record for Wales as a player and they do not have a lot to chose from.

I think they will have loads to choose from !

But the Welsh FA I don’t think will go down the foreign coach route, British yes, foreign no. Big Sam will be considered definitely, Pullis and Hughes will be approached, Giggs is a gamble, but I think you are right about Jackett, however Jones has to be an outsider!
Would Paul Trollope be considered?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Wales are a poor team. A one man team and he is past his best and is permanently injured.

They Peaked last year, and will soon slip down the rankings.

And Giggs would be a shit manager. Give him the job.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Wales are a poor team. A one man team and he is past his best and is permanently injured.

They Peaked last year, and will soon slip down the rankings.

And Giggs would be a shit manager. Give him the job.
They are a decent team, better than the sum of their parts. Joe Allen is a fine player.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I’m not Welsh but if I were, I would be very disappointed if Dean Saunders was even considered for the job ! He has a terrible managerial record.

Coleman's record at Fulham and Coventry was equally as bad, but he got lucky with the best ever Welsh team.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yep, so good they couldn't beat a very average ROI side, who were destroyed by Denmark the other night.

Wales won't qualify for another tournament for a long time.
They we’re unlucky to lose against Ireland. Denmark played well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here