Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Residents

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I've posted a couple of links recently to videos by The Residents. This band has been together for 48 years, but no-one really knows how much the line-up might have changed in that time.

I've seen them twice in London, "The Mole Show" at the Hammersmith Odeon (as was) and "Cube-E" at Sadler's Wells (of all places). This morning tickets went on sale for their North American tour next spring and I grabbed a pair (as it were) to their show at the 500-capacity Mod Club in Toronto. But I'm still not sure if they are geniuses or just doing an emperor's new clothes routine to see who'll fall for it. Avant-garde for sure.

Last time I saw them I asked my brother if he wanted to come along, and although he'd never heard of them, he said sure, no band can be so bad as to miss a chance of a free ticket. Nearly 20 years later, he is still in a state of shock, I think!

Has anyone else seen them? Got an opinion?

Here's a bit of a live show.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
ps, Mrs T and I digress over one of their imitators - Devo. She says 'great', I say 'irritating shit'.

I have only one Residents CD - Third Reich R&R - I wonder if PPF has a copy too? :laugh:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
ps, Mrs T and I digress over one of their imitators - Devo. She says 'great', I say 'irritating shit'.

I have only one Residents CD - Third Reich R&R - I wonder if PPF has a copy too? :laugh:

Most of my Residents collection is on vinyl but I did buy a CD-ROM they put out for Mac, even though I've never owned a Mac and so was never able to play it. But they were way ahead of the curve in that department.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Have a couple of their ‘songs’ on a compilation album put out by Sounds magazine in the 80s, one of the tracks is called ‘La’ IIRC. Unique, or just a massive joke? Either way there have been a lot worse bands/acts over the years.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Not for me, Clive. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to see if I can find some dough I left under the box.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I like putting buckets on kids' heads and telling them they are in The Residents.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here