Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should i let my 13 year old son wear his Chelsea kit to the game at the Amex?

Martyn Pelham

Feb 27, 2015
Fareham
I managed to get me and my 13 year old son tickets to the Chelsea game at the Amex for his birthday, but there is an issue! I am a Brighton fan and have been for many many years, however, my son is a Chelsea fan (has been since about 4 years old, and i have tried to convert him but he's having none of it!). We have both been to the Amex on several occassions, and we both love the atmosphere, facilities etc, but this game is a big one for him. Deep down i think he thinks that Chelsea are gonna smash us all over the park, which i don't think they will, but as support for his team he wants to wear his Chelsea kit (although i would imaging its gonna be Baltic and he will be wearing a coat, scarf etc). We are sitting in with the home fans and i was just wondering what you lovely people of NSC thought about the idea of him sitting amongst us with the wrong kit on and cheering on the wrong team?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
As a kid he'll probably be OK but you may or may not get a few remarks. Personally I'd discourage any son of mine to do this, but up to you

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
No, end thread

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Probably a good opportunity to learn about not wearing the wrong colours in the wrong end.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Up to you , i wouldn't take my boy anymore as he supports Villa , tried it a couple of times he didn't enjoy it , as for letting him wear a chelsea top in the home end , iv'e seen it kick off v Fulham and Liverpool at the amex with away fans in the home end and one instance a young lad with his dad took a hell of a lot of abuse , is it worth it ?

A1X

Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Don't think it's a good idea personally.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
DrNoDrNo.jpg

Commander

Apr 28, 2004
London
No. There is no other answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is one of those situations I struggle to understand. I just don't see how a child grows up supporting a different side to their parents.

As disappointing as it is, I could get that a 13-y-o supports Chelsea and not the Albion. When he was getting into football c2008 we were League One, playing at Withdean against the likes of Crewe, Yeovil and Stockport.

However, when the Dad is an Albion fan, I don't understand how Chelsea entered the equation.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
4 posts in 2 years? Palace?

Absolutely. if OP mentions attends matches at the Amex, he would know the answer. mind you he doesn't mention which end?.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
No , no and thrice no !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here