Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should i let my 13 year old son wear his Chelsea kit to the game at the Amex?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought the same. A very quick bit of snooping via the details provided means I do very much believe the OP is an Albion fan with a Chelsea supporting son.

Fair enough.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It’s a free country, so let the son learn a harsh lesson. At least his dad will be there to protect him from anything too bad. And with luck we’ll beat them and he’ll feel humiliated.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
No definitely not.
If he's up to it, ask him to wear a blue 'generic' type of clothing, say a t-shirt.
I had this issue of sorts, with my nephew, way back, and he's a manure fan :sick:
Wore a red t-shirt to appease the situation!

SAC

May 21, 2014
Tell him he can wear a blue and white scarf but under no circumstances wear a Chelsea shirt unless he is in with the Chelsea fans.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
No is the answer.

If i ever have a kid. There is no way they would be able to support any other team than the Albion.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
This is one of those situations I struggle to understand. I just don't see how a child grows up supporting a different side to their parents.

As disappointing as it is, I could get that a 13-y-o supports Chelsea and not the Albion. When he was getting into football c2008 we were League One, playing at Withdean against the likes of Crewe, Yeovil and Stockport.

However, when the Dad is an Albion fan, I don't understand how Chelsea entered the equation.

Personally my 9 year old daughter has become a Liverpool fan, mainly through peer pressure at school. Living in North Somerset it's not easy to get to see Brighton, especially not now we are PL, so she has not been brought up with the Albion apart from thinking that i am slightly bonkers. However her second team is Yeovil, as we watch them often. I'd be more than happy if she drops Liverpool and sticks with Yeovil as her first team as she grows. It's where she is from. I think she'll always look out for Brighton results, but they'll never be her first love.

However i'd definitely not let her wear a Liverpool kit to watch either Brighton or Yeovil!

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
You need to take him to the Amex more often. He’ll soon convert to the right side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I managed to get me and my 13 year old son tickets to the Chelsea game at the Amex for his birthday, but there is an issue! I am a Brighton fan and have been for many many years, however, my son is a Chelsea fan (has been since about 4 years old, and i have tried to convert him but he's having none of it!). We have both been to the Amex on several occassions, and we both love the atmosphere, facilities etc, but this game is a big one for him. Deep down i think he thinks that Chelsea are gonna smash us all over the park, which i don't think they will, but as support for his team he wants to wear his Chelsea kit (although i would imaging its gonna be Baltic and he will be wearing a coat, scarf etc). We are sitting in with the home fans and i was just wondering what you lovely people of NSC thought about the idea of him sitting amongst us with the wrong kit on and cheering on the wrong team?

NO, can’t believe you even took the time to type all dat!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Nice fishing. Good effort, you can go back to Homesdale chat to discuss being on 4 points now though.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I managed to get me and my 13 year old son tickets to the Chelsea game at the Amex for his birthday, but there is an issue! I am a Brighton fan and have been for many many years, however, my son is a Chelsea fan (has been since about 4 years old, and i have tried to convert him but he's having none of it!). We have both been to the Amex on several occassions, and we both love the atmosphere, facilities etc, but this game is a big one for him. Deep down i think he thinks that Chelsea are gonna smash us all over the park, which i don't think they will, but as support for his team he wants to wear his Chelsea kit (although i would imaging its gonna be Baltic and he will be wearing a coat, scarf etc). We are sitting in with the home fans and i was just wondering what you lovely people of NSC thought about the idea of him sitting amongst us with the wrong kit on and cheering on the wrong team?

Yes, that's fine

........as long as he moves seats to the away stand, anywhere else and it's a definite no.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It’s a free country, so let the son learn a harsh lesson. At least his dad will be there to protect him from anything too bad. And with luck we’ll beat them and he’ll feel humiliated.

To be fair our hooligan has retired now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
my son is a Chelsea fan (has been since about 4 years old, and i have tried to convert him but he's having none of it!).
:fishing:

You can convince your son there's a tooth fairy and father christmas, hell you could get him to blow himself up in the name of religion if you were so inclined, but you can't get him to support your team. Fishing or you need to grow a pair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here