Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should i let my 13 year old son wear his Chelsea kit to the game at the Amex?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Apologies for not wading through the thread but the underlying point has nothing to do with the Albion, Chelsea or even football.

It would be discourteous to wear a Chelsea shirt and discourtesy and unkindness are primary sins. I would feel a sense of failure if anyone I had brought up was guilty of either.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Mrs Mellotron is expecting our first and I can't even imagine giving the lad (it is a lad) a choice. He's going to be a Brighton fan - his dad is, his uncle is, his grandad is.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Suspicious.

4 posts in 2+ years. Green light is on and has been the last few times I've checked this thread, so you ARE reading the replies.... I reckon this is a wind up.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think it's a different story if you move away and your kid wants to support their local team. I think you have to bite the bullet then and support them in following 'their' local side, even if it's not yours. God knows what a Brighton fan with a kid in Brighton is letting them support Chelsea for though. You've got to nip that in the bud early.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Suspicious.

4 posts in 2+ years. Green light is on and has been the last few times I've checked this thread, so you ARE reading the replies.... I reckon this is a wind up.

Is it bad that I've never known what that green light was for until just this second?

Martyn Pelham

Feb 27, 2015
Fareham
Suspicious.

I don't normally post on anything online. I have read all of the replies, some of them have been funny, some of them have been slating my ability as a parent, but most have said that i shouldn't let him wear his Chelsea shirt to the game. I have no issues with him going in his normal clothes (in fact, he will be), this was just a question that i thought i would just put out there. I am a Brighton fan, and have been for many years, i am not fishing, and hopefully one day i will change my sons mind and he will become one of the faithful Brighton fans like most of us on here are.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I don't normally post on anything online. I have read all of the replies, some of them have been funny, some of them have been slating my ability as a parent, but most have said that i shouldn't let him wear his Chelsea shirt to the game. I have no issues with him going in his normal clothes (in fact, he will be), this was just a question that i thought i would just put out there. I am a Brighton fan, and have been for many years, i am not fishing, and hopefully one day i will change my sons mind and he will become one of the faithful Brighton fans like most of us on here are.

Fair play. It's never too late.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

No one really meant to slate your ability as a parent. We all arent 100% perfect but you have failed epically here. It is one thing struggling to change a nappy/get the milk temperature right as a baby that can be a bit tricky, but letting him support Chelsea and wondering if at 13 he can wear their strip in the home end? You need to have a look at yourself

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
I took my son to a game wearing an Arsenal shirt a few years back. Some of the abuse we got is not even worth mentioning. He was only 15!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
No one really meant to slate your ability as a parent. We all arent 100% perfect but you have failed epically here. It is one thing struggling to change a nappy/get the milk temperature right as a baby that can be a bit tricky, but letting him support Chelsea and wondering if at 13 he can wear their strip in the home end? You need to have a look at yourself

Yes, yes we did.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

Fair enough.

Then you must show him the light. Buy him a shirt. Take him to the museum. Tell EVERYONE around you that he's a Chelsea fan Make him feel like he's made the wrong decision. Keep buying him tickets to every game you can afford and he'll have no choice but to convert.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I have no issues with him going in his normal clothes (in fact, he will be)

He's still going to stand out when every other 13 year old Brighton fan is wearing blue and white stripes.

There is no choice now that you've raised this, if you want your son to survive this game you are going to have to buy him one of our shirts and force him to wear it for his own safety.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here