Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bargain of the summer? Right now it’s Pascal Gross

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Looks like we are no longer under the radar...... another article on how good Pascal Gross has been:

“I was doing a Brighton game recently and we had figures on Pascal Gross, the German guy who plays in midfield. The statistic was he had created 95 chances for Ingolstadt last season, the most in the Bundesliga. And four assists. How the f*** is that possible?”

http://www.football365.com/news/bargain-of-the-summer-right-now-its-pascal-gross

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's all a bit circular, but that seems to be based on this >>> https://whisp.rs/2himwqE

(Usual Football Whispers disclaimer applies, NSC earns a smidgeon when that's clicked. Go direct if you don't want to do that)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Met his Dad before the City game, nice guy who played in the Bundesleiga, didn't speak much English but his mate with him did. Thought I saw him away at Swansea too.

Gross seems like an absolute snip now doesn't he, getting better with every game, happy to play the ball into position rather than try himself if someone has a better chance, top bloke.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Met his Dad before the City game, nice guy who played in the Bundesleiga, didn't speak much English but his mate with him did. Thought I saw him away at Swansea too.

Gross seems like an absolute snip now doesn't he, getting better with every game, happy to play the ball into position rather than try himself if someone has a better chance, top bloke.

His turns are sublime. They don't appear that quick, but they are so precise, using both feet to move the ball, he is gaining so much room to get his deadly deliveries in. Defenders just don't seem to be able to read them at all. Very impressive.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
His turns are sublime. .

Maybe it's a bit hazy but the turns remind of when we had Darren Currie and he was playing with a real SWAGGER.

Everything was in slow motion but he would still fool someone (at a lower level) with a little cryuff every now and then.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Tweet further down on the Andrew Moran Twitter thread:

Premier League [MENTION=34361]PremierLeague[/MENTION]
· 6 Mar
Since @OfficialBHAFC were promoted to the #PL in 2017/18, only Kevin De Bruyne (339) has created more chances than Pascal Gross (242)

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

· 6 Mar
Since @OfficialBHAFC were promoted to the #PL in 2017/18, only Kevin De Bruyne (339) has created more chances than Pascal Gross (242)

That is amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

· 6 Mar

Has anyone got the figures on successful conversion rates of those chances?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'm sure there are loads on here who are putting together possible starting XI's looking at a midfield of Mwepu, Biss, Moder, Lallana, etc and not even considering Gross.

I'm not sure Potter sees it like that.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Has anyone got the figures on successful conversion rates of those chances?

Quite, it shows how shite our 'strikers' have been in the last couple of years, a 20 goals a season forward would see us well away from relegation early on maybe even top 10?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'm sure there are loads on here who are putting together possible starting XI's looking at a midfield of Mwepu, Biss, Moder, Lallana, etc and not even considering Gross.

I'm not sure Potter sees it like that.

The silly little boy Palace fan [MENTION=42405]Milo[/MENTION] put together his Palace and Albion joint best 11.

He put Reidewald instead of Pascal in it.

Confirming that he knows nothing about football.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Quite, it shows how shite our 'strikers' have been in the last couple of years, a 20 goals a season forward would see us well away from relegation early on maybe even top 10?

You do know that there isn't a premier league player that has scored 20 goals in each of the last 2 seasons ?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
You do know that there isn't a premier league player that has scored 20 goals in each of the last 2 seasons ?

Should have made it clear, a 20 goal man from abroad or Championship, obviously we can't afford established Premier Forwards.

Would be happy with someone who scored 15... :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here