Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russian Infiltration of NSC ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i thought this was going to be about all the Russian brides ads on NSC...

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
были незакрепленный

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I had [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] et alia down as simple Brexit bell-ends. Are you suggesting something more sinister? :lolol:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
In a sense it is nobody fault that there is security competition between states such as Russia and the US. It is the anarchic nature of the international system that causes this, as nobody can be sure of another states intentions, they are constantly looking over their shoulder and wondering if their security could be threatened. Obviously this fear is heightened when neighbouring states are undemocratic and authoritarian and have a history of suppressing their own people.

However lets be clear that without the US involvement in security around the world and in Europe we would be much less secure than we are today. The US security umbrella has allowed European states to cooperate in a way that has never been possible before and has brought peace to the region for decades. Without it there would be a massive militarisation of the region and potentially competition between states like there was before the first and second world wars. Be careful what you wish for.

I think the EU and a host of inter-governmental agreements has allowed stability in these parts. All of which brought together historic aggressors.

Like Russia, the U.S government serve their own interests. Having their troops on European soil makes me feel no safer. The world is not a safer place for their involvement. Iraq being the first and only example I need give.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Seriously though you have got to love the smear campaign from the western powers .

Talking of Putin, check out this wonderful speech. Reality check. Quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KHCNk9BYy4&index=6&list=LLhgIZt70rSKWyaQEZ_JRBZA

This almost makes Russia ( Putin ) seem sinned against rather than sinners....yes why are the Americans based in western Europe ? oh yes, that will be because of the Cold War, the invasion of Georgia, annexation of the Crimea, creeping Russian sponsored unrest in eastern Ukraine and the continuing threats to Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania...then there is the state sponsored terrorism and murder and the continuing clampdown on the free press in Russia....other than that, what have the Russians done to deserve all these anti ballistic missile defences surrounding them ?

I did laugh towards the end when he said he wanted to work with western powers to confront organised crime, he doesn't need to look far for that now does he ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One can only hope so, they have some tidy looking women, the Russians.

Indeed. And so flattering when discussing one's 'manhood'.

06.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Recall at the Moscow Spartak friendly some old geezer in a long coat winking at me and i think he had an umbrella under his coat?
Is that any help? ps won 1-0 Goodwin:thumbsup:

Blimey, there's a game I'd completely forgotten. A really scrappy affair, won by a scrappy goal IIRC. Not many away fans there

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Did we take over NI and Gibraltar with military force in the last decade then?

When has nothing to do with it, and I am not going to enter into a discussion with you on the historical and strategic importance and similarities based on the premise of the last decade as a starting point for a 3 day pedantic argument with you. Go fish elsewhere.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When has nothing to do with it
It has everything to do with it. There's not a country in the world that hasn't been built from war, but we can't dismantle every nation and say they all belong to hunter gatherers.

I am not going to enter into a discussion with you on the historical and strategic importance and similarities based on the premise of the last decade as a starting point for a 3 day pedantic argument with you. Go fish elsewhere.
Fish? You're a Russian shill and comparing Ukraine with Northern Ireland is laughable. Obviously you can't back up your point so just claim it's my fault and put your fingers in your ears.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Well,the Russians have always been keen to counter German aggression,so not a bad thing.(Apart from when Joe Stalin and Hitler were besties for a while).

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I think the EU and a host of inter-governmental agreements has allowed stability in these parts. All of which brought together historic aggressors.

Like Russia, the U.S government serve their own interests. Having their troops on European soil makes me feel no safer. The world is not a safer place for their involvement. Iraq being the first and only example I need give.

You say that you don't feel safer due to the fact that there are US troops in Europe but this is only because you are taking the relative and unprecedented peace we have experienced in Europe in recent years for granted. As a case in point..we have just had remembrance day where we reflected on the 100 million that lost their lives in the 1st and 2nd world wars yet you have just held up Iraq as an example that the world is not a safer place due to US involvement!

The US security umbrella has provided the conditions that have made intergovernmental agreements and cooperation possible. Of course all countries look after their own interests but history has shown us that a world order where there is one predominant power is usually the most stable when compared with a world order dominated by 2 great powers (during the cold war) or a multi power world order which is the least stable (the situation before the 1st and second world wars).

Think about it for a minute, It is not as if the countries in NATO are being pulled in by the US against their own will, they are desperate to remain as part of NATO and for the US to guarantee their security. The alternative is for individual countries such as Germany, France and the UK to begin to rearm and spend significantly more on security potentially triggering a Europe wide arms race. I doubt Putin would view a rapidly arming Germany, France or UK any less suspiciously and palatable than he currently sees the military actions of the US.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here