Ba du bop, ba du dop
Ba du bop, ba du dop
Ba du, yeah

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Ooh, each morning I get up I die a little
Can barely stand on my feet
(Take a look at yourself) Take a look in the mirror and cry (and cry)
Chris what you're doing to me (yeah yeah)
I have spent all these years in division 2
But we're now in the Premier League, Lord!
Mbodji (Mbodji) ooh Mbodji (Mbodji)
Kara Modou Mbodjiiiiii..........Mbodji we love.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Do we need another CB/DM?

Thinking about it, and looking ahead, possibly we do, a centre back in case we recieve an offer we can't refuse for Lewis Dunk, and as for midfield, I can't see Steve Sidwell being offered a new contract. Kayal has yet to prove himself in the Premier League too.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I doubt many on NSC know whether Hunemeier wants to go back to Germany or not next season.

The club may have a better idea than NSC, and this will influence their strategy in January.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Try looking at the bigger picture rather than just what we have now.

BFG is out of contract at the end of the season, Dunk will be attracting a lot of interest if he continues to play the way he is. I very much doubt he will be with us next season. Surely it makes a lot of sense to be looking at their potential replacements now, giving them more time to learn the way Hughton wants them to play. A potential CB signing in January would also allow Goldson to go out on loan for the second half of the season.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must admit I didnt realize that Hunemier is out of contract in the summer. I think we as supporters tend to drift along with the notion he his our player and because we wont leave the club we think that players wont other than for a big fee if sold or the club release them. Going out of contract seems to get missed a lot by many. So yes, even disregarding Dunk we probably do need to make enquiries about strengthening.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I must admit I didnt realize that Hunemier is out of contract in the summer. I think we as supporters tend to drift along with the notion he his our player and because we wont leave the club we think that players wont other than for a big fee if sold or the club release them. Going out of contract seems to get missed a lot by many. So yes, even disregarding Dunk we probably do need to make enquiries about strengthening.

None of us can be sure than Hunemaier, (or Goldson for that matter), are up to playing in the Premier League anyway. It will be a totally new experience to both of them.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Dunk will get found out soon, as will Duffy. Both average Championship players. CB NEEDED

yeah ...Dunk and Duffy are both poor , poor defenders ......it's only the spectre of mark McGammon lying prostrate on the goal line that is helping us with the clean sheets.....honest.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

You do realise that in around 99.9% of cases when a club releases a player its because they are out of contract? It's fairly rare that a club release a player in this middle of a contract. I don't think most supporters drift along with the same notions as you at all, most understand that players are here for the short term and it the fans that are here for life, even those with the most blue and white tinted glasses on understand that deep down and get the need for player recruitment/squad development to be an on going constant always moving forward.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Left sided defensive midfielder like Thomas Delaney would plug a possible gap. Werder Bremen could get relegated?

I think we are getting carried away with Dunk for England or even Liverpool? Oliver Burke showed that Dunk has to play a bit deeper to make up or lack of pace at international standard.

We need a bit of speed at the back and a quick left back might do the job. Left backs are in short supply though. Four at the back still.

Last edited:

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
Left sided defensive midfielder like Thomas Delaney would plug a possible gap. Werder Bremen could get relegated?

I think we are getting carried away with Dunk for England or even Liverpool? Oliver Burke showed that Dunk has to play a bit deeper to make up or lack of pace at international standard.

We need a bit of speed at the back and a quick left back might do the job. Left backs are in short supply though. Four at the back still.

Agree, wonder if the scouting team know about Thomas Delaney?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here