Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 18/11 - 20/11

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Nice to see Newcastle's GD taking a bit of a dent.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Still can't believe just how well Burnley are doing. Our recent history with them has been anything but friendly but I am loving what they are doing.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The 39th home game. A 1-1 draw would preserve their record.

Not crossing the half way line for the first 20 minutes and don't pump the ball into their penalty area until the second half.

Madrid game next.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Still can't believe just how well Burnley are doing. Our recent history with them has been anything but friendly but I am loving what they are doing.

Burnley player are fit and their players can control the ball. Not sure if this is true of Everton, West Ham and Palace?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I think that is our style away from home, you could argue also at home, we are set up not to conceed. We can't go to Utd with a weaken side and risk a good beating our goal difference is currently worth the equivalent of a point.

I have just gone and put something on Giraffes thread that did not take any of that into consideration.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
It's amazing to think that, if West Ham can win at Watford tomorrow, we'll still be in 8th place before (and after) our 12th game of the season! Nearly a third gone.

Looks like a Europa place might be just out of reach as that will be a straight shoot out between the bin dippers, Arsenal & Burnley! :lol:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Taking the league as it is now, today's results and assuming Newcastle lose there is no middle league at the moment, except Burnly on their own.

There's no 'except Burnley' about it. They are on same points and games as Arsenal, and Liverpool. That's puts them in the 'top section' of the league. Deservedly so too.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Incredible concentration for 90 minutes on defence and subduing any threats oppositions have.

By all accounts their games are awful on the eye.

But great to see them proving the pundits and bookies wrong.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Meanwhile in the Championship:-

[tweet]931986664653762560[/tweet]

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Mike Dean, what a cnt.

Another crap decision costing Spurs the opening goal. When is he going to be relegated?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Mike Dean doing a Mike Dean.

Worringly, all Man U Players coming back from injury.

We did well against Citeh compared to others.

WBA look a mess. Not the first time this season they have come disguised as empty seats. Shocking attendance against the champions.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oh and despite there being 4 goals, Palace was still the last game.

That was a definite dive for the penalty. Think Palace are currently better than Swansea and WBA (Just hope they don't come good against us). I swear Unsworth has put weight on since last week.

The gap has grown between us and 7th.

Come on seagulls. 3 points against Stoke will be massive (and I am not taking anything for granted - I am a Brighton fan)

theboybilly

Palace fans seem to think there are three teams worse than them and will be safe. I'm not so sure - that defence is still leaky despite Hodgson's supposed defensive nous and Zaha can't do it all up front by himself. Too many in that side don't look up for the fight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here