Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 18/11 - 20/11

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Palace fans seem to think there are three teams worse than them and will be safe. I'm not so sure - that defence is still leaky despite Hodgson's supposed defensive nous and Zaha can't do it all up front by himself. Too many in that side don't look up for the fight.

The main thing is, I don't think they think we are one of the three teams.

Apart from Chelsea they are getting the results that a doomed team gets.

Already mentioned Swansea and WBA. Huddersfield are slipping. Everton should limp along but I am still not convinced about Stoke, however they did win at Watford recently, so CH needs to keep the lads feet firmly on the ground on Monday night (which I am sure he will)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Palace fans seem to think there are three teams worse than them and will be safe. I'm not so sure - that defence is still leaky despite Hodgson's supposed defensive nous and Zaha can't do it all up front by himself. Too many in that side don't look up for the fight.

They play a lot of the mini league teams between now and Xmas, starting with that draw yesterday. They have to pocket a lot of points by then or they really will be in huge problems. Hasn't started well.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
The main thing is, I don't think they think we are one of the three teams.

Apart from Chelsea they are getting the results that a doomed team gets.

Already mentioned Swansea and WBA. Huddersfield are slipping. Everton should limp along but I am still not convinced about Stoke, however they did win at Watford recently, so CH needs to keep the lads feet firmly on the ground on Monday night (which I am sure he will)

I don't know if they're slipping as such- it's more that they're very hot & cold when you compare their home and away form. They haven't won or even scored away from home since the first game of the season when they (snigger) won comfortably at Castle Greyskull. At home, they seem to be able to perform better, if you discount the Spurs game when they were battered. Wagner does seem to have the ability to get them to bounce back when they do lose, so I'd be reluctant to write them off yet. As per last season, however, they really lack a goalscorer, which will hurt them when Mooy isn't at the races, or other teams don't gift them goals like Man United did.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't know if they're slipping as such- it's more that they're very hot & cold when you compare their home and away form. They haven't won or even scored away from home since the first game of the season when they (snigger) won comfortably at Castle Greyskull. At home, they seem to be able to perform better, if you discount the Spurs game when they were battered. Wagner does seem to have the ability to get them to bounce back when they do lose, so I'd be reluctant to write them off yet. As per last season, however, they really lack a goalscorer, which will hurt them when Mooy isn't at the races, or other teams don't gift them goals like Man United did.

Oh I think Huddersfield will probably stay up. I just think that we will end up above them and Swansea. Add one of the other teams down the bottom and we should be OK.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Agree with this. Despite having some very good players their defence is shit. I watched them yesterday. Both of there full backs aren't great and their favorite keeper is around 38.

With the lack of fire power up top it it doesn't look good for them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I’m getting a bit worried that Palace are picking up a little. Still very much a one man team though.

I'd argue they've not actually been that bad for a while now, it's just they've lacked a striker. With Benteke now back and Zaha in form, it's their chance to pick up points. A sequence of:

Stoke (h)
Albion (a)
West Brom (a)
Bournemouth (h)
Watford (h)
Leicester (a)
Swansea (a)

...should be giving them hope. We've got to play Man Utd, Spurs and Liverpool over that same period. That 10 point lead we have could soon be whittled away, particularly if they manage to get a result at the Amex.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I'd argue they've not actually been that bad for a while now, it's just they've lacked a striker. With Benteke now back and Zaha in form, it's their chance to pick up points. A sequence of:

Stoke (h)
Albion (a)
West Brom (a)
Bournemouth (h)
Watford (h)
Leicester (a)
Swansea (a)

...should be giving them hope. We've got to play Man Utd, Spurs and Liverpool over that same period. That 10 point lead we have could soon be whittled away, particularly if they manage to get a result at the Amex.

Agreed. Zaha makes them a much better team. Had he been fit all season they would have more points. I fear a harder game than many are expecting. I’d gladly trade three defeats out of the next four for a win against them.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Maybe right about Zaha, but Beneteke looked dreadful again yesterday. Missed a sitter one v one, just don't see him. Hopefully won't get much in the air v DD.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here