Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Players spitting

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
How else are they gonna be able knee-slide. Knockhaert must have hit a spit/snot free zone at the West Ham game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
It is all but on a minority of occasions unnecessary, it is a culture/habit that for some reason in football has grown in recent times. You don't go to marathons and watch people gobbing left, right and centre.

Last edited:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I guess we'll never know, but there's nothing that suggests to me they would. :shrug:

I play squash 3 or 4 times a week, and whilst I'm nowhere near the fitness levels of a pro squash player, never once have I thought to myself "Jeez, I really wish we were playing on grass so I could spit."

Do you have a bottle of water within easy reach?

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Yes, spit when running too, clears the airways out. Goes onto the grass , so can't see the problem.

Though not sure if it's an age thing that I build up so much gunk in the back of my throat.

Gary Lineker once took a shit on the pitch playing for England in Italia 90, the crisp selling political sage didn't even bag it up after.

So that makes spitting fine in my opinion.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Whats wrong with spitting! bloody hell. As long as its not directed at them let it go.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here