Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone been in the north west shelf?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Is it a different entrance to the rest of the north stand or can you walk between them?
Thx

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You can - it's actually part of the west stand but you enter it via the North. You can't actually get into the West concourse without jumping over seats and stuff.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Was sitting there for the Egg shaped World Cup. You go in through a separate entrance but share a concourse with the North West corner. I was about 10 yards from my ST seat.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Was sitting there for the Egg shaped World Cup. You go in through a separate entrance but share a concourse with the North West corner. I was about 10 yards from my ST seat.
That's what I thought. Just wondering if I bought a ticket for my boy in the shelf whether he could come into the north concourse before the game with us as he will be on his own.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
You can - it's actually part of the west stand but you enter it via the North. You can't actually get into the West concourse without jumping over seats and stuff.
I think it is a seperate entrance from the north though.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I think it is a seperate entrance from the north though.

It is, it has it's own entrance right next to the north just the other side of Dick's bar.

The view from the North shelf is outstanding, near to the pitch but with enough height to see the other end clearly.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
That's what I thought. Just wondering if I bought a ticket for my boy in the shelf whether he could come into the north concourse before the game with us as he will be on his own.

Yes definitely. He will have to go in through a different turnstile but can then work his way down to North concourse.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I’ve heard you can’t get a beer though

Not from the concession that serves that area specifically but you can walk down to West Lower and get a beer there. Don't think you can take it back as to get to the West Lower you have to go out into the seating area and of course you can't have a beer in sight of the pitch.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Not from the concession that serves that area specifically but you can walk down to West Lower and get a beer there. Don't think you can take it back as to get to the West Lower you have to go out into the seating area and of course you can't have a beer in sight of the pitch.

Hmmmm, bit confused, as I have a ticket there for the palace game, I know it has a separate entrance, but do you share the north or west concourse???

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I sit in the north west corner. I go in through the west but can go out through the north. I have the choice where to go at half time / end of game

theboybilly

Exactly. Same here.

You do enter via a seperate turnstile near Dick's Bar then up the stairs. On the way up you will pass the catering outlet for the NW Corner (as has been said you cannot purchase alcohol) The shelf is further up the stairs. I wouldn't worry about a beer at h/t as you won't have time unless you are prepared to miss some of the game. I would suggest drinking in Dick's Bar before the game then playing it by ear afterwards. You can get down to the West Lower concourse (I've done it from the NW Corner). It isn't sectioned off but I would wait until after the match

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
There is a concourse at the back of the North West Corner which is shared with the Shelf (no alcohol).
You can get from the Shelf to either the North or West Concourse via the Shelf Concourse by taking the steps back down from the back of the North West Corner.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here