Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hemed new contract

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Excellent news , he has supercharged Staffy neck muscles and the goal he scored v West Brom shows his skill at manipulating the ball , very happy with this .

[yt]SMlD5z4xVNk[/yt]

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, we are still a striker short, and the club were very keen on him in the summer. Only time will tell l suppose.

I had him down as in place of the Reading bound Tomer.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Great news. Would have been a bad move to offload him for some paltry amount. Even if we get a top quality striker in in January (hopefully).

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't help thinking this will now be Murray's last season, with us.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Great news,very pleased for him.Nice smile for the cameras please when you pick up MOM against Stoke!:thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Great news. Good strikers are hard to come by.

Well done BHAFC.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sign the contract today.
Gets 20 minutes on Monday.
Then starts against the team he supports the following Saturday.

Not a bad 10 days.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are you expecting Murray to get injured on Monday then?
No but I am expecting Murray to start v palace, just 3 days later.
Beginning a period of Murray and Hemed being rotated through the next hetic 6 weeks.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm going to go against the grain here and suggest that the club didn't have any choice but to offer him a contract extension, having been put in that position by our failure to bring in sufficient striker power in the summer transfer window.

This is nothing personal against Hemed who is a good pro and has served this club well, but had we done the right thing in the window we'd have an upgrade on Hemed AND be trousering a tidy sum for a striker who's stock is still high after 2 successful seasons in the Championship.

Indeed, were this extension not agreed he'd be in his final year and open to offers in the January window.

I hope he proves me wrong and continues to bag vital goals, but 1 in 3 in the Championship indicates 1 in 4 / 5 in the Prem and that isn't going to be enough for a lone striker.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, we are still a striker short, and the club were very keen on him in the summer. Only time will tell l suppose.

In my mind I had Florin as a Better Tomer, this reminder of his showreel would suggest that's not quite the case.
Featuring a good mix of typical Tomer goals with a few that I'm sure he has never scored throughout his entire career .

My only reservation now would be based on Deportivo's valuation not being representative of his worth to their club, as he's currently just a bit part player occasionally getting 15 minutes, having started early in the season, but only playing a full game twice.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/flo...ga/0/wettbewerb/ES1/pos/0/trainer_id/0/plus/1

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Thought all the ITK lot knew he was off back abroad next summer ?

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Not at all. If the worst happens and we get relegated he will help us get back up and if we stay up he will be good back up for GM who will be a year older. If Reading or similar come in for him in January or the summer he will be worth considerably more money and command a higher fee, so a good shrewd move by the club.

Correct

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here