Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michy Batshuaiyi

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Rumours hes about to become the first openly gay footballer IMG-20171116-WA0035.jpg

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
HI! IM A BITCH U SAYY?

(I love a good anagram!)

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
lots of.people , "who cares" may be tbe PC response , but its big news , like it or not.

This. 'Who cares' should be the response from 99% of people, but in reality, that's not the case.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
If it's true, why would anyone Tweet that about someone else's personal life?

If it's not true, why would anyone Tweet that about someone else's personal life?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If this increases our chances of getting him on loan then I'm all for it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Who cares.

lots of.people , "who cares" may be tbe PC response , but its big news , like it or not.

It isn't just being PC though, is it? I genuinely don't care if a Chelsea reserve player BATS* for the other team. It honestly just doesn't register as being worthy of any thought. Any more than what car he drives, or what music he listens to.

*you can have that one for free.

BUT - and here's where everyone has to concede a point to you - we are all interested - not in his sexuality - but to see the broader reaction of the sport and the watching public to such an announcement.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I do understand the 'who cares' remark and initially I thought the same.

But this is very very important in yet another step towards total acceptance of people's sexual orientation. You only have to look at some stupid attitudes in certain countries around the world where homosexuality and genders are not accepted, illegal and people put to death for it. Even the UK only 'accepted' this 50 years ago. And same sex marriages are very recent.

Even the good old USofA has 'Gay Correctors'. WTF! Needs to happen in all sports though, not just Football.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I do understand the 'who cares' remark and initially I thought the same.

But this is very very important in yet another step towards total acceptance of people's sexual orientation. You only have to look at some stupid attitudes in certain countries around the world where homosexuality and genders are not accepted, illegal and people put to death for it. Even the UK only 'accepted' this 50 years ago. And same sex marriages are very recent.

Even the good old USofA has 'Gay Correctors'. WTF! Needs to happen in all sports though, not just Football.

I tell you who would 'care' - the cuddly, liberal, Russian football fans at Belgium's games in next summer's World Cup.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I'm not exactly PC to be fair.

It's only a story because the media will make it one.
So why the desperate rush to prove how 'on message' you are by responding , who cares ?

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
It isn't just being PC though, is it? I genuinely don't care if a Chelsea reserve player BATS* for the other team. It honestly just doesn't register as being worthy of any thought. Any more than what car he drives, or what music he listens to.

*you can have that one for free.

BUT - and here's where everyone has to concede a point to you - we are all interested - not in his sexuality - but to see the broader reaction of the sport and the watching public to such an announcement.

I think that's the point. The average person in Brighton might not care, but most of the country is not like that, despite what some people seem to believe. And the rest of the world is definitely not!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here