Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does anybody in football dislike Chris Hughton?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Chris surely has to be right near the top of the personal respect league as far as football managers in the UK are concerned, this from Stokes assistant boss..

City assistant lavishes praise upon Seagulls boss ahead of Monday night's meeting...

MARK BOWEN says Brighton & Hove Albion’s impressive start to life in the Premier League hasn’t surprised him in the slightest.

The Seagulls were heavily tipped to struggle in the top-flight this term, but have so far managed to more than hold their ground, sitting in eighth place having chalked up 15 points from their opening 11 fixtures.

Bowen feels much of the credit for their seamless adjustment to Premier League football should fall at the feet of boss Chris Hughton, somebody the Potters assistant boss knows well.

“I played with Chris at Tottenham Hotspur a long time ago, and he is a good friend of mine - I know his family really well,” he told Stoke City+ in the build-up to Monday evening’s live televised meeting.

“If you look at his CV and what he has done, he’s got a knack of not just coaching, but getting the best out of players also, which is more important these days.

“You’ve got to have a connection with players, not just on the training pitch but off it as well - to get the best out of them and he clearly does have that.

“They’ve got 11 points from their last six games, and are unbeaten in four, so we’re under no illusion to how well they’re going to be prepared, and what we’re coming up against on Monday.”

He added: “Chris has been through many years of going through all of his coaching badges and getting to the top level, and he has shown for a long time now just how good a coach and manager he is.”

http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/bowens-hughton-admiration

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Who?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Slaven Bilic?Oh,wait,he's not in football any more.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They're all scared of him.

Look what happened to Dr Chilton when he treated Hannibal badly.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
chris-hughton.jpg

Only his angry alto ego, my precious (in true Gollum style):)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can still remember the lukewarm reaction of some posters to his appointment on here, and some even wanting him binned off after we'd stayed up, as the football in that relegation battle had been so turgid.

Good job Tony knows what he's doing innit.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
His outrageous antics in the Technical Area must count against him?

I mean he has repeatedly loosened his tie in full view of the crowd. :nono:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
His outrageous antics in the Technical Area must count against him?

Indeed. The Stoke coaching staff will be absolutely LIVID when they see him cart-wheeling down the touchline as Murray bangs in our fourth on Monday night.

Chris surely has to be right near the top of the personal respect league as far as football managers in the UK are concerned, this from Stokes assistant boss..

City assistant lavishes praise upon Seagulls boss ahead of Monday night's meeting...

MARK BOWEN says Brighton & Hove Albion’s impressive start to life in the Premier League hasn’t surprised him in the slightest.

The Seagulls were heavily tipped to struggle in the top-flight this term, but have so far managed to more than hold their ground, sitting in eighth place having chalked up 15 points from their opening 11 fixtures.

Bowen feels much of the credit for their seamless adjustment to Premier League football should fall at the feet of boss Chris Hughton, somebody the Potters assistant boss knows well.

“I played with Chris at Tottenham Hotspur a long time ago, and he is a good friend of mine - I know his family really well,” he told Stoke City+ in the build-up to Monday evening’s live televised meeting.

“If you look at his CV and what he has done, he’s got a knack of not just coaching, but getting the best out of players also, which is more important these days.

“You’ve got to have a connection with players, not just on the training pitch but off it as well - to get the best out of them and he clearly does have that.

“They’ve got 11 points from their last six games, and are unbeaten in four, so we’re under no illusion to how well they’re going to be prepared, and what we’re coming up against on Monday.”

He added: “Chris has been through many years of going through all of his coaching badges and getting to the top level, and he has shown for a long time now just how good a coach and manager he is.”

http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/bowens-hughton-admiration

Too afraid to bad mouth him, the blokes a nutter!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can still remember the lukewarm reaction of some posters to his appointment on here, and some even wanting him binned off after we'd stayed up, as the football in that relegation battle had been so turgid.

Good job Tony knows what he's doing innit.

Never afraid to be wrong, I'll put my hand up as one.

CH arrived with the 'boring Hughton' baggage from Norwich, and his team crawled over the line, in the process not winning a single game against any of the teams that went on to be relegated.

I'll hazard a guess nobody saw the 'messiah' we have now, he was just another Albion manager, certainly not the Albion's greatest ever manager.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Never afraid to be wrong, I'll put my hand up as one.

CH arrived with the 'boring Hughton' baggage from Norwich, and his team crawled over the line, in the process not winning a single game against any of the teams that went on to be relegated.

I'll hazard a guess nobody saw the 'messiah' we have now, he was just another Albion manager, certainly not the Albion's greatest ever manager.

I would say it was the PREVIOUS MANAGER's team that he managed to get over the line to safety

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here