Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does anybody in football dislike Chris Hughton?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
He needs to calm his goal celebrations down a bit but apart from that he's doing some good work.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Never afraid to be wrong, I'll put my hand up as one.

CH arrived with the 'boring Hughton' baggage from Norwich, and his team crawled over the line, in the process not winning a single game against any of the teams that went on to be relegated.

I'll hazard a guess nobody saw the 'messiah' we have now, he was just another Albion manager, certainly not the Albion's greatest ever manager.

Same. I remember going to the Reading game, near the end of that season feeling reasonably positive before the match, because we seemed to turn a corner and doing ok. But it was the most disjointed awful display of football I had seen for some time. Players looks like they had only met each other in the car park before the game. I was so angry because I hate losing to Reading for obvious reasons and we were so embarrassingly sh1t. I don’t think I had got over it until I got a strange phone call from Calderon promising that next season was going to be better, and we signed Bobby.

Despite that I did not want him to be replaced, but there was nothing exciting me about CH being our manager at that time. I certainly did not see what was going to happen and how amazing he would do.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Am I the only one that still thinks he needs to prove himself here...

Ummm...yeah. I think you probably are.

Even if we go down this season, he's more than proved himself with the turnaround he has performed at this club in a very short space of time. If we are back in the Championship next year, there is NOBODY I would rather have in our dugout come August.

Well, its not a dugout any more is it. Technical area, with leather Ricaro seats.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Ummm...yeah. I think you probably are.

Even if we go down this season, he's more than proved himself with the turnaround he has performed at this club in a very short space of time. If we are back in the Championship next year, there is NOBODY I would rather have in our dugout come August.

Well, its not a dugout any more is it. Technical area, with leather Ricaro seats.

I'm joking.... when he was appointed in early 2015, no one in their wildest dreams would have really said we would be in the top half of the Premier league less then 3 years later.

I hope he sticks with the club for the next few years!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I'm joking.... when he was appointed in early 2015, no one in their wildest dreams would have really said we would be in the top half of the Premier league less then 3 years later.

I hope he sticks with the club for the next few years!

I would never have said that but up was absolutely delighted when we signed him.I told everyone be should never have been sacked at Norwich or Newcastle but it's their loss. However, I did not expect quiter this good.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I can still remember the lukewarm reaction of some posters to his appointment on here, and some even wanting him binned off after we'd stayed up, as the football in that relegation battle had been so turgid.

Good job Tony knows what he's doing innit.

Never afraid to be wrong, I'll put my hand up as one.

CH arrived with the 'boring Hughton' baggage from Norwich, and his team crawled over the line, in the process not winning a single game against any of the teams that went on to be relegated.

I'll hazard a guess nobody saw the 'messiah' we have now, he was just another Albion manager, certainly not the Albion's greatest ever manager.

Wasn't impressed in the slightest when he was signed, even less so after some of the football on show in the early days.

Never did know shit about football mind.

Fair play for holding hands up.

And you're right, the football WAS dreadful and we limped over the line, but the only thing that really mattered was staying up. He inherited a dogs dinner of a squad and did not have too long to get us into shape to stave off the drop. It certainly wasn't pretty, but he achieved that No1 objective, and on that basis I always felt he deserved the leeway of building his own squad of players to see if he could improve us from the desolate wreckage of Hyypia's reign.

I had absolutely NO idea he was this bloody good though. I mean bloody hell.

My opinion of him before we signed him and during the summer after his first season in charge was the first and last time that I've ever been wrong about ANYTHING.

I’m also quite happy to hold my hands up & admit I dedicated dozens and dozens of posts on here saying the football wasn’t negative & people were just going with the bitter Norwich fans myth...And that staying up was all that mattered that half season. I hate being right often :thumbsup: :wink:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I’m also quite happy to hold my hands up & admit I dedicated dozens and dozens of posts on here saying the football wasn’t negative & people were just going with the bitter Norwich fans myth...And that staying up was all that mattered that half season. I hate being right often :thumbsup: :wink:

Around the same time someone said to me. Its really hard having to keep clean sheets to pick up points because we have very little going forward. Alas. Enough points were picked up an 3 years later 8th in PL

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here