Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Stoke

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mark Lawrenson is right, in that many Albion fans are getting totally carried away and think the Premier League is a doddle because we are sitting 8th in the table.. Without continuing to bang the drum, we certainly won't end up finishing that high. Staying out of the bottom three come the end of the season is the name of the game..

I don’t see a lot getting totally carried away, more a case of continuously staring at the current table incredulously wondering how the hell we’ve so far exceeded pretty much everyone’s expectations so far..............or maybe that’s just me. Anything 17th or higher at the end of the season will be a massive success.

FWIW I’d also go with an unchanged team. Bong has been very solid for me and is better defensively and quicker than Suttner, Jose looked just a bit lost last time out so perhaps may get benched for Solly but other than that no need to meddle. The bench is now looking much better with Kayal hopefully back to cover CM (we’ve been very lucky Propper and Stephens have been injury and red card free and not missed a minute) and Tomer desperate to play.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I must be the only person who cannot see Kayal being on the bench against Stoke but if he is instead of whom.

Possibly one of the three defenders that were on the bench last time so the bench is better balanced I’d guess. There was no central midfield cover on the bench for our last game.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don’t see a lot getting totally carried away, more a case of continuously staring at the current table incredulously wondering how the hell we’ve so far exceeded pretty much everyone’s expectations so far..............or maybe that’s just me. Anything 17th or higher at the end of the season will be a massive success.

FWIW I’d also go with an unchanged team. Bong has been very solid for me and is better defensively and quicker than Suttner, Jose looked just a bit lost last time out so perhaps may get benched for Solly but other than that no need to meddle. The bench is now looking much better with Kayal hopefully back to cover CM (we’ve been very lucky Propper and Stephens have been injury and red card free and not missed a minute) and Tomer desperate to play.

Yep, having nearly all our players fit and desperate to play is certainly a great position to be in. It seems to me that down that left hand flank, Bong and Izquierdo are a good combination, both are quickl and direct, and dovetail really well together. If Hughton does decide to change the fullback for example, I'd expect him to play the other winger too.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Possibly one of the three defenders that were on the bench last time so the bench is better balanced I’d guess. There was no central midfield cover on the bench for our last game.

As I have said Gross could always revert to central midfield and TH partner GM if needed. I like Kayal and he has served us well but his tackling is a bit irrational to say the least and the Prem players will capitalise on that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As I have said Gross could always revert to central midfield and TH partner GM if needed. I like Kayal and he has served us well but his tackling is a bit irrational to say the least and the Prem players will capitalise on that.

Would depend on the state of the game but I think CH would rather leave our chief provider of assists where he is........also can’t recall too many ‘irrational’ tackles from Kayal to be honest. Feisty for sure, but not irrational.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

It's been so long since l have seen Beram in a Brighton shirt, that l am beginning to forget what sort of player he is! Hughton won't pair Murray and Hemed together up top, neither player has pace and it will give the forward line a lack of mobility. There may be something in what you say about pushing Gross back into midfield, but if he does then Baldock or Brown would come in up front.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would depend on the state of the game but I think CH would rather leave our chief provider of assists where he is........also can’t recall too many ‘irrational’ tackles from Kayal to be honest. Feisty for sure, but not irrational.

do you keep count of the free kicks he gives a way and IIRC he got injured committing a tackle.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's been so long since l have seen Beram in a Brighton shirt, that l am beginning to forget what sort of player he is! Hughton won't pair Murray and Hemed together up top, neither player has pace and it will give the forward line a lack of mobility. There may be something in what you say about pushing Gross back into midfield, but if he does then Baldock or Brown would come in up front.

That is if either was on the bench and also at the time of the required substitution if 70 mins you would be correct but if 88 mins I am not so sure.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Presumably to make room for Kayal on the bench then Schelotto or Suttner would have to go
Remember: Murphy, Skalak, Uwe, Rosenior, Meanpaa are all fit as well and unlikely to ever make the 18 again unless injuries/suspensions - Dunk is picking up yellow cards again...

(bench v Swansea)
Hemed
Goldson
March
Schelotto
Krul
Suttner
Brown

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Presumably to make room for Kayal on the bench then Schelotto or Suttner would have to go
Remember: Murphy, Skalak, Uwe, Rosenior, Meanpaa are all fit as well and unlikely to ever make the 18 again unless injuries/suspensions - Dunk is picking up yellow cards again...

(bench v Swansea)
Hemed
Goldson
March
Schelotto
Krul
Suttner
Brown

Is Goldson being picked ahead of Uwe or is the latter injured ? Bit surprising if so, Uwe has been superb whenever called upon.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

(bench v Swansea)
Hemed
Goldson
March
Schelotto
Krul
Suttner
Brown

I would expect both Schelotto who is earmarked as the eventual successor to Bruno and Suttner who provides keen competition for Bong to retain their places on the bench.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Is Goldson being picked ahead of Uwe or is the latter injured ? Bit surprising if so, Uwe has been superb whenever called upon.

Hughton has swapped them around. But Goldson has got the nod in recent games. Uwe has played with the kids so not injured.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here