Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ryan
Bruno(c)-Duffy-Dunk-Bong
Knockaert-Stephens-Propper-Izquierdo
Groß
Murray​

Subs:Maenpaa, Goldson, Schelotto, March, Brown, Hemed, Kayal.

The only difficulty picking the team is the Suttner/Bong and March/Izquierdo question. Maenpaa on the bench in front of Krul who seems out of form at the moment.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Is Baldock fit? If so, there might be a Brown/Baldock choice to make for the bench.

A1X

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
And what an amazing three games it'll be before he's injured again

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
When Baldock comes back, it will be like getting a new player

Agree completely, but think he will be limited to mostly sub appearances this season.

He'd take Gross' spot, who can't really be dropped at the moment. I'd be very surprised if we ever started Baldock up top on his own in place of Murray/Hemed either which would be the other option.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is this thread necessary anymore?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Why change things? With the team performing so well on the pitch, and having won their last game, simply stick to the same starting eleven, if it aint broke don't fix it. Maybe freshen up the bench a little bit though, Baldock for Brown, and/ or maybe try to find a place for Kayal.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I was going to say the team picks itself but then I realised it was Chris Hughton, in his capacity as the team's manager, that does it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I would agree with Baldock for Brown perhaps but at home I think that is there is no need for Kayal on the bench although it could happen away to United.

No need for Kayal? Seriously?

Completely untested 18 year old, Jayson Molumby has been on the bench for recent games, such is the lack of cover in centre midfield. The SECOND Kayal is fully fit, he'll be on the bench.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would expect Brown and Baldock to be on the bench in home games and Kayal instead of Brown for away games. that is the best Kayal could expect. The important one is Baldock because if needed he could go into Gross position. Molumbu was on the bench because we didnt have any option as either AM or DM.and he fitted either if needed.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't be arsed to start a new thread about Lawro's predictions.
It's a tough read that I don't agree with right up until the last paragraph.

Going on form, Brighton are probably favourites to beat Stoke on Saturday and move further away from the relegation zone - they are currently six points above West Ham, who are in 18th place.

Brighton have totally exceeded my expectations. How they have done this season is a pie in the face for me.

I have not been shocked by the way they have set up, but I did not expect them to pick up the number of points they have got, which is great.

But Stoke showed by fighting back twice to draw with Leicester that they are not the sort of team to lie down, and they will cause Chris Hughton's side some problems.

I am going to go for a Stoke away win. Without being disrespectful to Brighton, this is what happens in the Premier League - you get to the lofty heights of eighth, your fans start thinking that things are great - and then you get turned over by a team you think you should beat.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld

Going on form, Brighton are probably favourites to beat Stoke on Saturday and move further away from the relegation zone - they are currently six points above West Ham, who are in 18th place.

Brighton have totally exceeded my expectations. How they have done this season is a pie in the face for me.

I have not been shocked by the way they have set up, but I did not expect them to pick up the number of points they have got, which is great.

But Stoke showed by fighting back twice to draw with Leicester that they are not the sort of team to lie down, and they will cause Chris Hughton's side some problems.

I am going to go for a Stoke away win. Without being disrespectful to Brighton, this is what happens in the Premier League - you get to the lofty heights of eighth, your fans start thinking that things are great - and then you get turned over by a team you think you should beat.
As soon as lawro gets on the bandwagon that’ll be the time I start worrying that relegation is imminent

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I'm not so sure that Lawro has predicted us to win yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here