Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Stoke

Jimmy Grimble

Lol classic BG again.

Kayal will 100% be on the bench if fit and I'm also pretty sure he would come on if we're defending a lead with 15 minutes (give or take) remaining.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Can't be arsed to start a new thread about Lawro's predictions.
It's a tough read that I don't agree with right up until the last paragraph.

Going on form, Brighton are probably favourites to beat Stoke on Saturday and move further away from the relegation zone - they are currently six points above West Ham, who are in 18th place.

Brighton have totally exceeded my expectations. How they have done this season is a pie in the face for me.

I have not been shocked by the way they have set up, but I did not expect them to pick up the number of points they have got, which is great.

But Stoke showed by fighting back twice to draw with Leicester that they are not the sort of team to lie down, and they will cause Chris Hughton's side some problems.

I am going to go for a Stoke away win. Without being disrespectful to Brighton, this is what happens in the Premier League - you get to the lofty heights of eighth, your fans start thinking that things are great - and then you get turned over by a team you think you should beat.

He thinks we’re plsying on Saturday, bless!

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Stick to the same starting XI. As much as I hate squad rotation I can see some changes to the starting XI in December. That said the changes won't be to the spine of the side but on the flanks.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ryan

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Bong

Knockaert
Stephens
Pröpper
Izquierdo

Groß

Murray

Subs : Maenpaa, Schelotto, Hunemeier, Kayal, March, Brown, Hemed

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Can't be arsed to start a new thread about Lawro's predictions.
It's a tough read that I don't agree with right up until the last paragraph.

Going on form, Brighton are probably favourites to beat Stoke on Saturday and move further away from the relegation zone - they are currently six points above West Ham, who are in 18th place.

Brighton have totally exceeded my expectations. How they have done this season is a pie in the face for me.

I have not been shocked by the way they have set up, but I did not expect them to pick up the number of points they have got, which is great.

But Stoke showed by fighting back twice to draw with Leicester that they are not the sort of team to lie down, and they will cause Chris Hughton's side some problems.

I am going to go for a Stoke away win. Without being disrespectful to Brighton, this is what happens in the Premier League - you get to the lofty heights of eighth, your fans start thinking that things are great - and then you get turned over by a team you think you should beat.

Mark Lawrenson is right, in that many Albion fans are getting totally carried away and think the Premier League is a doddle because we are sitting 8th in the table.. Without continuing to bang the drum, we certainly won't end up finishing that high. Staying out of the bottom three come the end of the season is the name of the game..

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ryan
Bruno Duffy Dunk Suttner
Knocakert Stephens Propper March
Gross
Murray​

Subs
Krul; Schelotto, Hünemeier; Kayal, Izquierdo, Brown; Hemed

The team really picks itself almost entirely. Suttner being kept out of the team by Bong is baffling for me, and Brown covers a lot of positions so he'll always be ahead of Baldock for the bench.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
No need for Kayal? Seriously?

Completely untested 18 year old, Jayson Molumby has been on the bench for recent games, such is the lack of cover in centre midfield. The SECOND Kayal is fully fit, he'll be on the bench.

This in spades. We have got away with a lack of cover in CM so far, I was amazed Kayal wasn't on the bench at Swansea.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have explained my logic, whether you agree or not is up to you but it is about opinions and the one that matters is CH. IF both are fit I think Baldock offers more than Kayal in the positions that we need with the alternatives available.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Mark Lawrenson is right, in that many Albion fans are getting totally carried away and think the Premier League is a doddle because we are sitting 8th in the table.. Without continuing to bang the drum, we certainly won't end up finishing that high. Staying out of the bottom three come the end of the season is the name of the game..
Really? Where?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I have explained my logic, whether you agree or not is up to you but it is about opinions and the one that matters is CH. IF both are fit I think Baldock offers more than Kayal in the positions that we need with the alternatives available.

Are you suggesting he plays in central midfield?!

Stephens and Propper have no competition at the moment, Kayal is as good as either of them. He's clearly deserving of a place on the bench at the minimum and he is ahead of Baldock in the queue to replace Gross, if ever required. Obviously, I'm never going to champion Baldock being at the club, but if he's going to be in the matchday squad for a Premier League game then it can only mean that we have an injury crisis like I don't even want to imagine.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When defending a lead with a few minutes to go I think that Kayal would be a liability with his tackling on the edge of our box as he gives away to many free kicks, which clubs in The Premier tend to capitalise on. This is the biggest black mark against him in that he gets carried away and over zealous at times, else where on the pitch it isnt a problem.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Are you suggesting he plays in central midfield?!

Stephens and Propper have no competition at the moment, Kayal is as good as either of them. He's clearly deserving of a place on the bench at the minimum and he is ahead of Baldock in the queue to replace Gross, if ever required. Obviously, I'm never going to champion Baldock being at the club, but if he's going to be in the matchday squad for a Premier League game then it can only mean that we have an injury crisis like I don't even want to imagine.

For your next joke!!

He has yet to prove that he is as good as either of them in this league as he hasnt played in it. He was good in The Championship but so were others who havent upped their game. That is not to say that he wont but not at the moment he isnt proved as such. IMHO he is only ahead of Baldock in terms of being ready to be included in the squad fitness wise.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
For your next joke!!

He has yet to prove that he is as good as either of them in this league as he hasnt played in it. He was good in The Championship but so were others who havent upped their game. That is not to say that he wont but not at the moment he isnt proved as such. IMHO he is only ahead of Baldock in terms of being ready to be included in the squad fitness wise.

So, Kayal who has played in the Champions League, is only ahead of a 2nd/3rd tier striker because of fitness, rather than ability?!

Seriously, there are players who become hilariously overrated during injury and then others who become ridiculously underrated. Kayal is a fabulous player, but he's a little bit brittle.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the event of needing to replace Stephens or Propper during a game I would sooner drop Gross back to midfield and put Baldock up front in his place rather than bring on Kayal to defend a lead. Yes he played in the Champions League for a Championship standard side that won their national league. which shows how bad that league is.

If either were injured or suspended I wouldnt hesitate to replace them with Kayal to start a game but then I would consider moving Gross if Baldock was fit.

Remember we do not see them in training.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here