Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Coach to Man Utd

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
but also seem to recall Old Trafford itself being evacuated just prior to the last game of the season a year or two ago due to a suspicious package or somesuch.

Yes, one of their own security team left a fake training bomb behind some pipes and forgot to account for it when doing a security sweep the day before a game :ffsparr:

It was spotted and treated as a genuine terrorist threat as fans were arriving for the game, huge delays ensued!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes, one of their own security team left a fake training bomb behind some pipes and forgot to account for it when doing a security sweep the day before a game :ffsparr:

It was spotted and treated as a genuine terrorist threat as fans were arriving for the game, huge delays ensued!

I wonder if that self same security team member is still employes by the club? :ffsparr:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Phew. I thought Man U had nabbed our coach Pat Nevin.

Jul 7, 2003
I drive to Manchester quite regularly, I used to live walking distance from OT

I drive quite fast, I can’t remember the last time I did it in 4 and a half hours, if the M25 doesn’t get you the Birmingham bit of the M6 will and you’ll crawl under the “Vote Pies”bridge

Any reason why you don't use the Toll road to avoid the dreaded M6/M5 gridlock?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There are roadworks in Manchester itself.

Yes there is a restriction on bags. The only bag you can take in, is the size of a small handbag. Backpacks, & rucksacks will be confiscated to be picked up after the match.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
if the M25 doesn’t get you the Birmingham bit of the M6 will and you’ll crawl under the “Vote Pies”bridge

I use the M6 J11a to J6 [spaghetti] every weekday and it's a fecking nightmare at the moment - with the M5 roadworks - 30MPH variable speed cameras - anyone going into Brum is avoiding the M5 and using the A38M Aston Expressway which can't cope.

You'd better all chip in to make sure you use the Toll Road to avoid the risk ...

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I use the M6 J11a to J6 [spaghetti] every weekday and it's a fecking nightmare at the moment - with the M5 roadworks - 30MPH variable speed cameras - anyone going into Brum is avoiding the M5 and using the A38M Aston Expressway which can't cope.

You'd better all chip in to make sure you use the Toll Road to avoid the risk ...

Would also add the utterly ludicrous speed restriction roadworks between Junction 16 and 19 while the M6 is upgraded to a "smart motorway". 50mph for 25 miles of one of the busiest stretches of motorway in the country and not completed until March 2019.

Because there is no hard shoulder for a large part of this, it only takes one breakdown anywhere in that section to add an hour to the journey. If there's an accident, all bets are off.

Nightmare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

If everyone chips in and uses the Toll road, then that will become gridlocked too!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I wasn't so much having a go at ST as the Manchester men in blue telling us to be there so early. As it's my first trip to OT I will be looking around, may even venture in to the superstore in the same way as I did at Arsenal and West Ham. Having a whip round on the coach to raise funds to go via the toll road would be a good idea.
Many years ago I was driving back from 'up north' and was on the M6 at the same time as Arsenal V Man Utd ended. Traffic was horrendous and to top it all the M6 was half closed around the M5 junction. One thing I learnt that night was that 95% of Man Utd fans live south of Birmingham and all have personalised plates, KI55 UTD being the best.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I wonder if there might be some scarves for sale

GettyImages-469468480.jpg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I wasn't so much having a go at ST as the Manchester men in blue telling us to be there so early. As it's my first trip to OT I will be looking around, may even venture in to the superstore in the same way as I did at Arsenal and West Ham. Having a whip round on the coach to raise funds to go via the toll road would be a good idea.
Many years ago I was driving back from 'up north' and was on the M6 at the same time as Arsenal V Man Utd ended. Traffic was horrendous and to top it all the M6 was half closed around the M5 junction. One thing I learnt that night was that 95% of Man Utd fans live south of Birmingham and all have personalised plates, KI55 UTD being the best.

Bet that number plate is worth a mint to a Manure fan!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Will you be going to the Stoke game? If so have you got a friend going with you....if I remember correctly it will be your first game since your daughters passing (have I got that right?)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Will you be going to the Stoke game? If so have you got a friend going with you....if I remember correctly it will be your first game since your daughters passing (have I got that right?)

#LamieRobertson Thanks for the thoughts. Dreading it. The crowd around me are all ST holders since year two East Upper and Nikki used to have the seat next to me but we gave it up a year ago when she moved away so everyone knows her. They still ask how she is every game. There was always a video chat every game as well. Tried to buy a nearby seat for my Wife but sold out.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
#LamieRobertson Thanks for the thoughts. Dreading it. The crowd around me are all ST holders since year two East Upper and Nikki used to have the seat next to me but we gave it up a year ago when she moved away so everyone knows her. They still ask how she is every game. There was always a video chat every game as well. Tried to buy a nearby seat for my Wife but sold out.

Ah...well thoughts with you ..sounds like you will have people around you who will understand what you will be feeling like and will support you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here