Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Favourite Albion-related commentary

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
What are your favourite pieces of Albion-related commentary? Top three if you can.

It can be from TV, radio or internet commentary about a goal, an incident, the result, or even the weather. Something screamed hysterically, someone offloading some boredom, or even someone getting hopelessly lost on script.

Any era, any channel.

Go...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
1. Stoooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeerrrrrr

[yt]KGlSBWh5-rI[/yt]

I'm guessing this might be a popular choice!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
"The crowd go mad, we go mad...."

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
A recent one - Murray goal away at QPR last year was special - " Brighton find a way - this season they always find a way"

This is when really believed we were going up

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
1979, Newcastle 1 Brighton 3. It was on the radio and whilst I cannot recall the exact words at the final whistle, it was something like "and that is style. Brighton and Hove Albion promoted to the First Division. "

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
1. Stoooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeerrrrrr

[yt]KGlSBWh5-rI[/yt]

I'm guessing this might be a popular choice!

End of thread....

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Gerry Ryan scoring the first against Liverpool in the '83 cup game. The Radio Sussex commentator said something like, 'the ball was played to Gerry Ryan, who up till now hasn't done anything, who slotted it home'.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The two minutes are almost up Swindon fans... but you’re not there yet!

I watched that play-off semi final earlier after Mark McGhee's time at Brighton.

How on earth is it over thirteen years ago? One thing I didn't realise was that one of the Swindon players was winding up Virgs by saying how great the Millennium Stadium day will be. One final attack and Virgo scored that header. I hope he taunted him back. Assumed FDM was goalkeeper that night. All I remember thinking was Piercy was going to miss during the shootout. Incredible night.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Well, bollocks to the ****ing lot of you. Binfest your arse off for all I care.

I am sick to the back teeth of lies an innuendos being written about me on here. I haven't given anyone nearly enough information about me or what I 'know' or 'don't know', so who the **** are people to think they can?

The one that really does my head in is when Bloom took over and some idiot wrote 'I bet TLO is gutted now we've got a new chairman'. What a ****ing spanner.

Bollocks to NSC. Bollocks to REMF. Bollocks to the ****ing lot of you.

It's all ****ing SHIT. TLO is flouncing and I'm out of here.

This is probably my favourite, from 2010. :)

10/10

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Gerry Ryan scoring the first against Liverpool in the '83 cup game. The Radio Sussex commentator said something like, 'the ball was played to Gerry Ryan, who up till now hasn't done anything, who slotted it home'.

That was the legendary Tony Millard. I've got a cassette tape of that commentary made by Radio Sussex.

There's a bit of commentary during the Hereford match, nearing the end, something along the lines of "There are bodies lying everywhere, frantic stuff"

Haven't heard it for years, summed up the general feeling of utter panic.

Stoooorrrrrer. This should always be the last piece on the pre game montage IMHO.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
"And it's absolute bedlam behind that goal!"

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here