Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy speeding charge - Court date

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Same as when I was caught on the railways with a discounted ticket.

It's not the punishment (although that doesn't help) but the sheer amount of time it's taken and the heavy letters threatening big fines, prison or community service (scrubbing vomit off station platforms probably). I don't have anywhere near as much money as Shane Duffy but I bet he's still pissed off as I was with it hanging over him. What I would have loved most was Govia opening all the paperwork my solicitor sent with them threatening a vulnerable person. They withdrew their case after that.

Legal aid for fare dodging or £80 a letter?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Legal aid for fare dodging or £80 a letter?

It's wasn't an on-the-spot fine like common sense would deem it to be.

The person (can think of 200 different other names) wanted blood and some of their money back from strike days.

All in the past now, Thunder Bolt and moving on from an awful year (apart from Albion being promoted). :thumbsup:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
giphy.gif

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm also wondering how Big Shane is feeling after being almost the only man who actually turned up to play against Denmark in back to back World Cup Qualifiers this past week He is a committed Irish Republican and looked totally gutted after that 5-1 defeat on Tuesday night.

Still I suppose this is where Chris Hughton earns his money, to make surte that all of the squad are in the right place mentally as well as physically for Stoke's visit next Monday.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If this pending court case inhibIts his ability to out jump Peter Crouch on Monday night I would advocate that he is dropped. I wonder if Mrs Crouch will be in attendance.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The way their season is going, if the Crystal Palace team coach got caught doing 40 in a 30 they'd probably get a speed awareness course instead of 3 points.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Shame Duffy is a bit of a character, what with his controversial political views and a colourful personal life.

I am of a view, that he who is without sin, cast the first stone though.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Indeed, this is his private life and it has no effect on his football.

Much like a player rumoured to be coming out.

Youre deluded if you think there would be no interest in tbe first.openly gay premier league player, in fact you know full well there would be , but you and others like you are breaking your necks to prove how right on you are .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Shame Duffy is a bit of a character, what with his controversial political views and a colourful personal life.

I am of a view, that he who is without sin, cast the first stone though.

I hate to confess that I have always had time for wayward artists, whether in music or football or, er, art.

Robin Friday
Gazza
George Best
Lee Bowyer
Paolo Di Cannio
Billy Bremner
Chopper Harris
Heironymous Bosch
Salvadore Dali
George Grosz
Man Ray
Van Gough
Robert Mapplethorp
John Giorno
Ian Curtis
Iggy Pop
Arthur Brown
Captain Beefhart
Edward Ka Spel
Bryan Erickson

Where does 'Shame' Duffy fit in this pantheon? Let's see after another couple of years. He will have to up his game to reach the hard core levels of Giorno.... :lolol:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I know he has a right to contest the fine and everything but the likelihood that the fine is unjustified is slim these days given how obvious limits and cameras need to be and how much warning speeders have to have to slow down.

I got done using a bus lane the other day. Not a regular occurrence by any measure. I used it to undertake a queue of traffic blocking a lane to turn right, I was incredibly late for work. I shouldn't have done it. I got fined, paid it, and the council reduced the cost for early payment. £30. Done.

If he knew what he was doing when he did it, which the council will most probably rule, why would he take it all the way to court and not just pay the PCN? Baffling.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here