Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Spider!!!!

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looks like a well fed version of the cheeky sod that covered our window a few weeks back

Spgi.JPG

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
036f67254ce8d742939a36513619a447.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Yup, definitely a garden spider. We've had the same one for weeks spinning webs just outside our back door. Even got so used to seeing his filigree masterpieces of a morning, I say hello to him each day. Harmless - and does a good job of eating other creepy crawlies and maintaining the ecosystem.

garden spider.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've got a spider living in my wing mirror. Its a pain in the arse, keeps spinning its web between the door and the mirror. Even though I keep brushing the web away, sure enough next time I get in the car, he's spun another one and retreated back inside the mirror. Stubborn little tw@t.

Spiders play a very important role in houses, they do a hell of a lot of killing of flies, mites and all sorts of other nastys.

The only thing they ask for preforming this free service is a little help getting out the bath every now and then.

I've got a spider living in my wing mirror. Its a pain in the arse, keeps spinning its web between the door and the mirror. Even though I keep brushing the web away, sure enough next time I get in the car, he's spun another one and retreated back inside the mirror. Stubborn little tw@t.

Got one in mine too, it's been there all summer so far and even now he's still spinning his webs every morning.

I call him Frank.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Got one in mine too, it's been there all summer so far and even now he's still spinning his webs every morning.

I call him Frank.

He'll not be happy with that name. You should have called him Robert. He'd be well proud of that name.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Agreed its not the normal garden spider that's for sure.

It's just your common Orb Web garden spider. Sometimes called cross spiders because of that cross on their back.

They're everywhere in the garden this time of year. Perfectly harmless to us.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I searched for "big spider" on the image tab of Google, in the thought that I might post a photo of one with a "witty" caption comparing the size of them to one the size of a 50p piece.

You'll note there's no such image appended - Sheesh, there's some big spiders out there. Kin huge, some of them. :nono:

There's a bird eating one in Oz that looks big enough to bring down an ostrich.

Yes, I've got about half a dozen in my front garden. The webs are strung between plants and my hedge. They're lovely.

:eek:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here