Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Misheard lyrics 2017 version

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I don't know if this counts but I definitely misinterpreted the lyrics to Oasis - 'She's Electric' when I was younger.

She's got a cousin
In fact she's got 'bout a dozen
She's got one in the oven
But it's nothing to do with me

Why on earth would one of her cousins be in an oven? Why would you have had anything to do with it? Nothing about this adds up at all.

"In the oven...." ( or to use the full phrase " ...a bun in the oven") is a euphemism for pregnancy, often of the unexpected kind and where it may be difficult to establish who the father is. ...But I expect that you knew that.

But to get back on topic, and heard this morning on the radio, from the Mama's and Papa's song "..Its Getting Better" I always thought that the line was "....it would come with rocket belts and power streams".

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
"In the oven...." ( or to use the full phrase " ...a bun in the oven") is a euphemism for pregnancy, often of the unexpected kind and where it may be difficult to establish who the father is. ...But I expect that you knew that.

But to get back on topic, and heard this morning on the radio, from the Mama's and Papa's song "..Its Getting Better" I always thought that the line was "....it would come with rocket belts and power streams".

Oh yeah I know it now. I didn't when I first heard that tune.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here