Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moyes wants Dunk

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
If Dunk ever goes it will be on our terms and I doubt whether that would be to a Moyes managed West Ham. He's a cheeky b@gger who has delusions of grandeur.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Probably a load of media crap.

But the club can easily get around this by putting a price tag on him of £50m.

I guess the 'interested' parties will then look elsewhere.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Probably a load of media crap.

But the club can easily get around this by putting a price tag on him of £50m.

I guess the 'interested' parties will then look elsewhere.

I'd imagine Dunk's August contract has more clauses in it than than a casting session for a remake of miracle on 34th street.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Dunk will get a better offer in the summer. Fending off suitors in January should be doable, fending them off next summer not so easy.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
It may be that he prefers to stay at Brighton come what may where he is guaranteed a game every week and probably a pay rise and new contract every year for the next ten years,

SAC

May 21, 2014
If he is on £50k a week and is offered £80k a week he is bound to be tempted as that is £1.5 million a year extra. Obviously I have no idea how much he is on at the moment or how much West Ham would offer.

Anyway, the transfer window isn't open so it doesn't matter.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If he is on £50k a week and is offered £80k a week he is bound to be tempted as that is £1.5 million a year extra. Obviously I have no idea how much he is on at the moment or how much West Ham would offer.

Depends on the length of the contract: I believe that he's on five-year deal right now - £80k a week over two years is less money in total. Money counts but stability counts as well - ask David Stockdale.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Look at some of the jokers Arsenal and Liverpool currently have lining up in their defences. If Dunk plays a full season with us and plays consistently well he will get a move to one of those clubs in the summer. I don't think it's even in doubt. The worst thing he could do is go somewhere like West Ham.

Exactly this. Lewis should be heading for a genuine career progression not a sideways or backwards move.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
West Ham lol

The only way players leave in Jan is:

Outrageous bids
Players no longer wanted
Player goes on strike

None of those will happen

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Look at some of the jokers Arsenal and Liverpool currently have lining up in their defences. If Dunk plays a full season with us and plays consistently well he will get a move to one of those clubs in the summer. I don't think it's even in doubt. The worst thing he could do is go somewhere like West Ham.
Exactly. West Ham are a yo-yo side. No point in going there. He'll end up at Liverpool or someone like that. A big club just outside the top four.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Because they could offer him £100k a week for 5 years. This stuff really isn't complicated.
£30m to buy him and £25m in wages, seems a bit out of their (owners) price range to me.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Because they could offer him £100k a week for 5 years. This stuff really isn't complicated.
This is what I don't get. Why can West Ham offer £100k per week yet we cannot ?

Surely our income is roughly the same ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is what I don't get. Why can West Ham offer £100k per week yet we cannot ?

Surely our income is roughly the same ?
But our owner(s) isn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here