Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moyes wants Dunk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I thought that DM came across too confident in that interview.
Seems to think that he can turn around a West Ham team, that didn't really have any respect for Slaven Bilic, so why DM, he's no better IMO.
IF Lewis Dunk is going to go anywhere, it'll be a team like Arsenal or Man Utd for example, where the % of home grown players has to play, given the ruling of playing in Euro competitions.
But at the moment he's at a club who both with the fans, loves him.
I think he needs to earn his stripes more in the PL, tor a couple more seasons IMO

West Ham :facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agreed, Liverpool and Arsenal are the obvious destinations. He ticks all the boxes for both - English, can pass the ball, young enough to still improve, relatively cheap by their standards, will add steel to defences that are currently not set up to deal with the physical side of PL football. I'd genuinely be shocked if he isn't at one of those two clubs next August. At the moment my money would probably (just) be on Arsenal.
Depending on when the likely changes are made Moyes might actually outlast Wenger and Klopp.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
OK, but this is just all based on a guess figure plucked out of the air, and another guesd that West Ham would offer more than we are prepared to ? ???

Not the hardest conclusion to come too looking at West Ham's summer transfer dealing.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
All Karen Brady needs to do, is get Andy Carroll to get a bloody haircut, then sell it to DM that she's found a new CB carthorse, that'll fit right in WH!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
West Ham are almost at the 'panic buy' stage where financial proberty and restraint goes out the window. Survival is everything.
Is survival not everything to us as well ? And we know how hard it is to get back.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I wouldn't be so sure he won't go.

Everything posted on here about it being far more logical for him to stay makes absolute sense, but money talks and many players have made weird transfer decisions on the basis of what their pay packet will be. Short term wages are quite often seen as more important than long term career prospects. Stockdale is the most obvious example of this but you could also apply it to top players clearing off to play Noddy football in China.

My own personal view is that he's a sensible guy and he'll stay, but it wouldn't shock me if he didn't.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Lewis Dunk is far too savvy to move in January, it would be a desperation move and to a club like West Ham would be one hell of a gamble. As others have said, all he has to do is wait for the summer and choose between Arsenal and Liverpool because both will be wanting him, and he'll have other options as well if he wants to move on.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is survival not everything to us as well ? And we know how hard it is to get back.

But:

1. We look better setup to survive than them, at least now.
2. We've not spent anywhere near as much as West Ham, and our salary bill will be much lower, so we've got a lot more capacity to invest if we start to struggle.
3. We have a quality manager who seems to know exactly how to setup for survival.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Lewis Dunk is far too savvy to move in January, it would be a desperation move and to a club like West Ham would be one hell of a gamble. As others have said, all he has to do is wait for the summer and choose between Arsenal and Liverpool because both will be wanting him, and he'll have other options as well if he wants to move on.

What if liverpool come calling in Jan ?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What if liverpool come calling in Jan ?

I think a Mr Hünemeier and a Mr Goldson are hoping!

I don't think we'd sell in January unless we did get the £25-£30million suggested earlier in the thread. We'd accept something ridiculous because of the talent we've got in the squad to step in but I'd like to think we'll be keeping him until the summer, unless we're at 25/30 points come the end of the window in which case we might cash in and get Uwe or Goldson some Premier League experience and plan for the following season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think a Mr Hünemeier and a Mr Goldson are hoping!

I don't think we'd sell in January unless we did get the £25-£30million suggested earlier in the thread. We'd accept something ridiculous because of the talent we've got in the squad to step in but I'd like to think we'll be keeping him until the summer, unless we're at 25/30 points come the end of the window in which case we might cash in and get Uwe or Goldson some Premier League experience and plan for the following season, in the Championship.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
After the length of time to get to the Premier, joining a club, for however much, that would appear to be heading in the other direction would be a bit stupid

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Is it a question of "cannot" or "will not"?

has a pay rise been turned down? do we know what amounts are actually up for discussion? is there even any truth in the rumour ?

Anyone looking at premier league (other than Southgate) will have been surprised/pleased/jealous about Dunk's performances so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here